• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have had my mind on another MKIII. The one I have has adj. Sights and am courious if the fixed sights shoot POA. The one thing that's drawing me is they are a good price and I REALLY like the MKIII.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    For what I would consider a "target" type of firearm I would always get adjustable sights. Too many variables come into play otherwise. POA for what ammo and range, change either and you're had, what is your normal point of aim, 6 o'clock for bullseye shooting or dead on for defending against chipmunks??? See what I mean?

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    I have a Hunter MKIII with truglo sights and I hate them. They are going to be in the parts bin as soon as my new parts get here. I ordered the u notch and front post from ruger. The rear will still be adj just change the blade and replace the front truglo. A buddy of mine has fixed sights and to be honest I shoot much better with his than I do my $500+ Hunter. If I had to do it over again I would rather have the fixed sights and an extra $250 in my pocket.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Unless you're shooting in competition what's the point of having the regular sights on these firearms. Throw a red dot sight on the included rail (for the hunter models) and away you go. lightening fast target acquisition and simply a ton of fun for any age shooter.

Something like this: (Not mine, as mine is wearing a Tasco ProPoint instead. Same concept, different sight)
    6343598536351714760j4p3n4c.jpg

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    You might like the primary arms micro. its green and small. I hope this solves my problem with the damn truglo sights we are both having. Let me know how your "iron sights" work out.

Top Bottom