• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Follow the manual step by step it works.

This^ and
    Holding the gun sideways,as if lying on a table, almost level but with the muzzle pointed just very slightly down and having a curved end dental pick tool handy helps with getting everything back together nicely.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't think my dad ever disassembled the MkI. When I got it there was green snot all in it. It was gross. I'm talking like grease but mint green. I'd never seen such a thing. It's better now. If green snot ever takes up residence in the MkIII, it's gonna be there for a while. I'm not going in after it.

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    A month ago I spoke to Downrange Dynamics in Portage, IN. Owner assured me they could get my ruger up and running within a week. After numerous calls inquiring on the status nothing has been done to it. Over the weeks I'd call, ask on it's status and was told they would call me back. Never once received a phone call, always had to call back myself a few days later for the same thing.

Finally spoke with them today and after I was told that nothing had been done yet it was offered to send the gun back to Ruger. I declined and said I'd be in to pick up my pistol when they open on Tuesday.

Very disappointed with the service. Extremely disappointed in them for not calling me back when they stated they would. Communication on their part was horrible. I am not one to *****. I am usually very patient but this was just a horrible experience.

So Tuesday I go pick up my paper weight. Anyone aware of anyone else that can work on one? I am willing to ship it somewhere for someone who can actually work on it.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Meh - any gunsmith should be familiar with the MkIII's - you just have to realize that gunsmiths work on their own schedule - I'd question the veracity of a gunsmith who could turn around a repair in a week.

My mark III has been apart once. It went back to the factory to be reassembled and came back with a healthy dose of mocking from Ruger. Hasn't been apart since and hasn't had a hiccup.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If you lived close to South Bend I could and would show you how to put it back together. There is nothing wrong with your Mark III. There are several Youtube videos that show how it goes together. Once you have done it a few times it is simple. Trust me. It's a nice pistol that is cheap to shoot and made very well. I love mind and so does my son. There are several nice places over here to shoot too! Road trip!! lol Don't give it up!

Top Bottom