• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Well, my search for a .357 Mag is over. Over last weekend my wife and I visited 3 shops in Indiana. All 3 had something that caught my eye. The LCR was the gun that was on the top of my list, but I was ok with about anything in the .357.

So, I have the LCR and I do love the look and feel of this revolver. It is light and so very easy to conceal. Only thing I don't like is the front ramp sight. Being black on black I find it hard to sometimes find the front sight, I will be replacing the front sight with one of the fiber optic ones. In the mean time I've taken some of my wifes red fingernail polish and applied that to the ramp. It really doesn't look too bad and really makes picking up the front sight a lot easier.

I am in need of some holster recommendations, thoughts and opinions. Currently the LCR resides in a pocket, not my first choice but I'm comfortable with it and very aware of where the trigger is. I need a pocket holster. I'm thinking I'd really like a ankle holster then something around the waist area, IWB or OWB would be ok. Future purchases to be moonclips and or speed loaders.

Thanks for the help and advice. Oh, just curious if anyone has ever had experience with this Stealth Defense Holsters for Concealed Carry Interesting idea, but I'm thinking NO.

greenie100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I got my LCR about a month ago, right now I'm using a Talon IWB which I found on amazon. The clip is off to the side so it cants the grip helping to conceal when I wear it at the 3 o'clock position, I like to wear it AIWB most of the time though.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have one of those as well, and later got the LCR 38, too. I carry mine in a Galco Ankle Lite &/or Uncle Mike's IWB holster as well as a Blackhawk in the pocket holster.
    I carry the Gold Dot short barrel 38 loads in both, but have found that I can more comfortably shoot 357 magnums in the LCR than even my SP101!
    Congrats! These are great guns & the 1st revolver I have carried in years (granted, to back up my Glock 19 or 1911).

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    +1 for Talon IWB holster. If you order one request the stronger metal clip. They sent me one free of charge when I asked.
    For the speed loader, I went with a Five Star brand loader. It's made of billet aluminum. Most others will hit the grips on the LCR making loading slightly difficult. The Five Star loaders are smaller in diameter so the bullets drop straight in.
    Also, check into the XS Standard Dot front sight. They don't make a BIg Dot for the LCR as far as I know. The standard dot works great for me and I installed it myself in about 15-20min.
    Good luck and have fun! I love my LCR's.

chevy07_man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Haubstadt
    I have the lcr in 38 and love mine. Easy to carry as mentioned. If you dont want to spend big money on front sight. What i did is buy the good glow in dark paint and put it on the front sight. cost like 6bucks. I now have the crimson for it.

greenie100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I've been going back and forth on what to carry as a defensive round in my lcr. I like the speer gold dot .39+p cause it makes it a little lighter to carry but also like the gold dots in 125g 357 cause, well I can......I love my lcr

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Well, I opted to go cheap. For the pocket I got "BLACKHAWK! Inside-the-Pocket Holster, Size 04, (9mm/.40 cal. sub-compact ) from Amazon for $17 shipped.

I was a bit surprised by the pricing on the options for the front sight. Quite a bit more than I was will to pay. Lucky for me my girls have some bright white fingernail polish. Applied a coat to the front ramp and BAM, great contrast to the all black gun.

huckeby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Ruger LCR's are great. I have the LCR22. Went with the SP101 357 over the LCR357 due to the LCR kicking more than the SP101. However, Both are really nice guns.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i have an LCR. i dont carry it a ton unless i want to be comfortable and not worry about a glock butt printing.

on a long shot i bought a remora. it was only 20, so i figured what the hey.

MAN is this thing nice. despite any concerns they STAY PUT. never have ANY problems. i went ahead and bought one for ALL my carry pieces, with zero problems upto and including full size autos. highly recommend. ive made a thread on it and its gained a lot of support.

Top Bottom