• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Great little lightweight wheel gun. For carry, I preferred the boot grip, but the Hogue Tamer sure was nice to shoot with. Never had any issues with mine. Recoil isn't too bad for it's size and weight.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    Thanks for your thoughts. You mention it in the past tense, is there another snub nose that you might recommend over this one. I am looking for one to carry. I have never had a snub nose so not sure what to look for. A friend purchased one of these for his wife and it appears to be a nice gun but I haven't been able to shoot it.

Thanks,
    Steve

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Check out the S&W 442 or 642. I have owned a 442 and LCR but for me I found that I was more accurate with a semi-auto pistol. Of course, all guns are a personal preference so it is always preferred to test drive before buying.

Last edited:

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I own a .38 LCR with the crimson trace laser sight. This gun is great. Just point and click. Nice weight, good trigger pull. Easy to conceal.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not that you buy a snubbie to shoot a lot but here are my impressions. My favorite is the Ruger SP 101 but it is a little heavier around 25 oz and comes with a regular or bobbed hammer (your choice) that might or might not be an issue for some. The 442 was fine but a little snappier than the LCR. Even though the LCR and 442 are close in weight the LCR was a lot less snappy and the LCR trigger was pretty good,
    JMHO

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I like the LCR - I (personally) would rather have a hammer for single-action if I deem it necessary, and in a pocket-carry kinda gun it'd be shrouded like a S&W 438. I think the LCR is a smoother action than my S&W, but the hammer is the selling point for me. YMMV, of course - my dad carries an LCR on a daily basis and it's a fine revolver.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Have had mine for a few months, 38 spl. Incredibly light to carry, can carry in gym shorts, swim trunks, etc with just a uncle mikes holster. Trigger is much better than many of the other snubs, I looked at the bodyguard, 442 & 642 as well. It's plenty accurate at 7 yards but I need to either replace or paint the front site.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    One of the best revolvers you can buy for concealed carry. Reliable, lightweight and it is a Ruger!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks for your thoughts. You mention it in the past tense, is there another snub nose that you might recommend over this one. I am looking for one to carry. I have never had a snub nose so not sure what to look for. A friend purchased one of these for his wife and it appears to be a nice gun but I haven't been able to shoot it.

Thanks,
    Steve

No, honestly I'd recommend the LCR over other similar wheelguns in it's class, I just ended up being more comfortable pocket carrying a semi-auto. I'd like to own a LCR again; it just wasn't in the budget to have multiple pocket carry guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I went with the S&W Bodyguard when I was shopping. It came down to it and the LCR. It was really a toss up--in my opinion both would be fine.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    Just wanted to say 'thank you!" for all of the opinions and thoughts on this.

I am going to see if I can run a few rounds through my friends LCR before I make the decision but it sounds like it might suit my needs.

Thanks again!

Steve

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive got the LCR in .357 flavor. Well I used to, my fiance carries it now.

Anyway I love it and if I cant get it back from her (and Im sure I will as soon as it needs a good cleaning) then Ill buy another. Or an SP101.

As others have said, I also think its the best revolver in its class.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Bought one for my wife in +P with crimson laser trace. A perfect conceal carry piece. Very light with smooth and light trigger pull.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I went with the S&W Bodyguard when I was shopping. It came down to it and the LCR. It was really a toss up--in my opinion both would be fine.

I have both the LCR and the Bodyguard. I had to send the Bodyguard back after only about 100 rounds due to the slide not pulling back all the way. Haven't had it back to the range since, although I really need to. I love the LCR and will probably carry it as the weather gets cooler.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    I shot my new LCR and S&W J frame 442 side by side last week. Both hammerless, Both had good triggers, shot about the same size groups, both were snappy but didnt hurt too bad. Cant say one was better than the other. Either way you will have a fine revolver. I like the SP101 but for its bulk and weight. Not in the same class IMO.
    Mike

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have both the LCR and the Bodyguard. I had to send the Bodyguard back after only about 100 rounds due to the slide not pulling back all the way. Haven't had it back to the range since, although I really need to. I love the LCR and will probably carry it as the weather gets cooler.

Just to clarify: I was referring to the Bodyguard .38 revolver...It sounds like you're talking about the Bodyguard 380 semi. Those are cool looking little guns--but at the time I already had another .38 and was looking to commonize some ammo selection.

Top Bottom