• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spacelegged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    i was thinking o f buying the new ruger lcr 38 special for a pocket pistol back up. anyone have this particular revolver? ide like to know what your opinions are.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    I traded for one awhile back... it's not as pretty as the Smiths but I was more than happy. Very good double action trigger makes it easy to shoot, so it does what it's suppose to do!

i4ljm0.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've had mine for about a year and really like it. Great little pocket revolver! Very light but the recoil is softer than you'd think for it's weight. I actually like the looks of it better than the smith polys. I don't care much for the smith poly revolver look.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    I've had mine for about a year and really like it. Great little pocket revolver! Very light but the recoil is softer than you'd think for it's weight. I actually like the looks of it better than the smith polys. I don't care much for the smith poly revolver look.

I have not seen any S&W poly revolvers. Are they new?

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    how well do these fit in the hands of a larger handed person? easy to control?

I bought mine in January or February of this year at the 1500. I'm 6'5" & have large hands - I don't have any issues with the handling of it - pinky is off the handle though. I like mine a lot & carry it in my loose fitting pants in a Nemesis Desanti pocket holster. I thought it kicked pretty hard the first time I shot it, but not so much now. I really like it.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    how well do these fit in the hands of a larger handed person? easy to control?

The Hogue grips are very comfy to me and I have relatively large hands. My buddy has pretty small hands and he still says it feels good too, so it must fit a wide variety of hands well. It's not as controllable as a full-size 9mm by any stretch of the imagination, but IMO for a pocket revolver it is very well-mannered.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Love mine...not a single problem with it. I have large hands and it fits well and tames the recoil. Need plenty of pocket room if you are going to carry it that way. A Nemesis or a RBKA Holster works well.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    If I end up getting a LCR I will probably hold out for the 357 version. Don't know if I still want one though, as I am loving this new PM9 I got and it fills that void.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've had Ruger's since 1992...and recently added an LCR to the stable. My wife took it because it's lighter and she was more comfortable with it than her SP101 in .38 (I have one in .357mag.)

Shooting...very comfortable...I was rather surprised and how accurate it was and how smooth the DA trigger pull is. It actually gets lighter the farther back you squeeze it because of the cam in it. I can hold palm-sized group and 20'...with a 2" in DAO...slow-fire. The recoiled is fairly well tamed by the factory Hogue Tamer Grip...and the designed seems to help keep second or follow-up shots accurate.

XS Sights (out of Dallas, TX) makes a very nice Tritium Front Night Sight for it and it just drops right into, and pins into, place. Try that with a Smith or Taurus!!!

I can't wait for it in .357mag...but we'll have to feel it for weight...it'll be 4 oz. heavier because it'll have a stainless frame instead of an alloy one. :twocents:

Top Bottom