• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I love my LCP as a pocket gun. Its reliable and I stack it with FMJs. Never had a problem with it. It does its intended job at conversational distance so no need to worry about sights. You can add a laser if you want to

Thats what I was thinking! It is cost effective. At my income If I buy a $700 firearm (p238) I am not going to want to have it in my pocket all the time. I still want the LCP although it may be put on the back burner for a while. I traded my Walther PK380 for a S&W .38 spl Airweight :yesway:

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    I am looking at a couple used lcp's one is well carried the other is in like new condision what is a good price to pay for one

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    This really comes down to how much you want to spend and what kind of quality you want. The Sig is going to be light years a head of the Ruger but there is like a $600 dollar difference. The LCR is not going to be a target gun, it is a dedicated carry piece and they do have some noticeable recoil. The Sig is a more complete gun, has single and double action, and will also have a much higher resale value.

ChevyMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    This has been great information as I am currently looking at teh S&W, LCP and P238. While the Sig is more expensive, it sounds pretty clear that the Sig is definatey more of a shooter than the LCP. I have been looking for my wife to have more at home than for her to carry but I might carry. Would it ge a good assumption that the Sig would be handled much easier by a lady of 5'4" and fairly petite.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    There is a reason the Sig 238 is so much more expensive. It is. In a different league in my opinion. It is a great quality firearm that is very reliable and accurate. Mine has been perfect out of the box. All three of my Sigs have been 100% perfect. I cannot recommend them enough!

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Thanks for all the informations guys! I eneded up getting a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 thru trade! I love it. Reliable. Fits in my pocket easily. Mission accmplished. :yesway:

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Thanks for all the informations guys! I eneded up getting a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 thru trade! I love it. Reliable. Fits in my pocket easily. Mission accmplished. :yesway:

Happy shooting with the S&W. :)

But for the rest of you (I own both) here is my opinion.
    P238: basically a 1911. (I love them), Shoots more accurate (probably due to single action) with no feeding issues. Did I say it's like a 1911? Will last a life time.
    LCP: Lighter weight, Shoots with no issues. I don't notice much recoil difference but I have big hands. Costs allot less. Will probably not last a life time with allot of shooting but time will tell.
    Summery: The LCP is my go to gun. I just throw it in my pocket and go. Don't even know it's there. The P238 starts dragging my pant down after about 4 hours. :twocents:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The LCP is not a range gun. Fire it enough to know that it works, then put in in your pocket or purse. Take it to the range two or three times a year and put ten rounds through it for fun.

I think if you have to pull your LCP in defense, you will have enough adrenaline to easily pull the trigger. A smooth pull please.

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Lcp is too small for my hands. Doesnt feel natural to shoot. I like the bersa .380 because it is a little bigger

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    FWIW, since I first posted in this thread, I've acquired a Taurus TCP 738.

While it is nowhere near as easy to shoot as the Sig P238, it is still a ton easier on the hand than the LCP.

I would put it midway in between the two. But for $200-$250, not a bad little pistol.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My wife saw a LCP at her sisters. A friend of her sisters had it and my wife thought it was great and had to have one. It is a shame that she didn't have a chance to shoot it.

I got her the LCP and she has hated it from day one that she shot it. It has the laser and she tries to not let the laser move as she pulls the trigger back. It takes her a long time to pull the trigger back to where it goes off. Then she gets a little trigger bite and she don't like the recoil.

If this thing gets used it will be by me. I think it is way to little for my ham hands. I like a gun I can get my hand around. Like my Glock 36.

We have plans to go to a up coming gun show and I am going to have her find one that fits her hand and I don't care if it is a revolver or auto, 32, 9mm or 380. I just want her to get something that she can and will shoot.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Bersa Thunder 380cc. My daughter loves hers. Its DA/SA so the trigger is great on follow-up shots. Grip is correct size for her. Accurate. Low recoil.

Of course, the Sig P238 is all of that, and more, but for twice the price...

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I just got a p238 sport from Palmetto at a great price with 2 mags. I can't believe how much I am liking it. If anyone is looking for a small 380 please check it out before you buy something else.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    The P238 is a great CCW gun to carry and shoot. I was impressed with my wife's P238, so I bought one.

Light weight, easy to shoot, easy to carry, 1911 style functions.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I have owned both, and a kahr 380 as well. I did not like any of them. It's just to small of a gun. I was constantly dealing with failures to load. I even have owned a sig 938 and still just to small for me. They fit my hands fine, but I had to many issues. I prefer 9mm over 380. Now ruger does have a new 380 that's bigger than the lcp. I would look at that one.

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    To me, it's all in how it will be carried... IWB or pocket.
    Sig is a nicer gun.. not sure that it is better. Both function flawlessly, but to me, must be carried in a holster on the hip in some manner... no go on pocket carry.
    Ruger isn't as nice but very capable and easily (and safely) stowed about anywhere.
    As far as pain goes.. to me neither of these are range guns.
    Practice should be done with good painful ammo in real world conditions... you need to know how its going to feel/ and perform when you go to use it.
    Shoot it, get to know it, well... then put it away and enjoy your range trip with something else.
    Just my .02 :)

Top Bottom