• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    LCP it's much better built than the P3AT.

The P3AT is designed to be shot maybe 1,000 times. The LCP will last you a lifetime.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have never shot the Keltec, but I did have a chance to shoot an LCP today and I HATED it. The trigger travel is about 3/4 of a mile... Nothing like any other pistol I have ever shot or owned.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    yeah but you can slip it in your pocket and get your keys stuck in the trigger guard and it won't fire.

i don't care what anyone says about bullet and barrel size. if you put an lcp up to someones stomach and pull the trigger, they're gonna stop

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    yeah but you can slip it in your pocket and get your keys stuck in the trigger guard and it won't fire.

i don't care what anyone says about bullet and barrel size. if you put an lcp up to someones stomach and pull the trigger, they're gonna stop
    I agree. it's a "get the H off me gun" I guarantee if I stick it in your ear and pull the trigger,,, You WILL let me go. I'm jus sayin !:ar15:

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    380 out of that small barrel has some of the loudest nastiest sounding pop I've ever heard. Only thing I've shot, listened to get shot (380's out of small barrels) that my earmuffs offer no protection to

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have both.

The Ruger looks a little nicer. Both are pretty similar in most way. Honestly, look at both, pull the trigger on both, pick the one you like better or the one you get a better deal on. Both go BANG when you pull the trigger on a loaded chamber. Both feed, fire, eject and cycle reliably. Both fit in the same pocket and belt holsters.

Having both I honestly consider them interchangeable guns. I slightly prefer the Ruger, but that is mostly based on 'looks' and not on function.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    for the function and use they are the same, People are going to give you more for a resale on a ruger just because of the name,

If anyone is buying any pocket pistol because they want a good shooter they are looking at the wrong class of gun,

At the end of the day it won't make a lot of diff which one you buy, they both go bang with the same ammo,

if you can save some money with the Keltec go for it, when I bought my ruger they were about 10 more than a keltec and the ruger was on the shelf and the keltec wasn't,

I've got 2 friends with keltecs and I couldn't see any thing that was a show stopper on either way to go

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have never shot the Keltec, but I did have a chance to shoot an LCP today and I HATED it. The trigger travel is about 3/4 of a mile... Nothing like any other pistol I have ever shot or owned.
    I guess that would make a difference if it made it hard to shoot, but I can shoot mine quite well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-mVdXaMx0]YouTube - Shooting Ruger LCP[/ame]

I've owned both the P3AT and LCP, I no longer have the P3AT. It was an unreliable, poorly built pistol. I wouldn't stake my life on it. I reluctantly bought the LCP because of Rugers reputation for building a quality gun and am pleased I did. The P3AT had soured me on the design, but Ruger did a great job with it and mine has been 100% reliable.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    LCP it's much better built than the P3AT.

The P3AT is designed to be shot maybe 1,000 times. The LCP will last you a lifetime.

P3aT is designed for 5,000 rounds before a major overhaul.

The P32 is 8,000 rounds.

I've not seen a limit on the Ruger yet. I went with Ruger.

Josh

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That long trigger pull is intentional, and is supposed to prevent AD's you may have with a short trigger. They both were designed to be pocket pistols, and you know how much junk could end up in there with the gun. Neither is "pleasant" to shoot. I was working out a bug on my P3at the other day, and by the end of half dozen mags my hand hurt. But, someone on the forum says they're supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. Picked up a P32 from a forum member and noticed quite a bit less punishment. Still not a range "fun gun", but better. The Keltecs do have a lifetime warranty, though, and it's supposed to cover the gun, not the owner, so even if you're the 4th or 5th owner it's still supposed to be covered, and everything I've read about their customer service is very positive. my two cents.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    P3aT is designed for 5,000 rounds before a major overhaul.

The P32 is 8,000 rounds.

I've not seen a limit on the Ruger yet. I went with Ruger.

Josh

I've put over 1500 rounds thru my P3AT and it's still firing well. Don't know where you got your stats about the P3AT.

just trying to get a point across. :rolleyes:

If anyone finds enough enjoyment out of shooting a gun like that more 5 or 8 tho rounds good for them.

I was just saying. Plus with KelTecs company history. Our good buddy Greggor Kelgren has ran many firearm operations in his days and with his a few of his top people leaving to start their own company, who knows? I'm not saying that there is a ZERO possibility Ruger could close their doors but I'm just saying if you need parts in 8 years for your pocket pistol. Chances are you'll be able to get them from Ruger, unless you just buy a few of these guns and just keep them lubed up for spare parts in the future.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    granted the ruger's finish is nicer, but it's a pocket gun...noone is going to see it. go with the original, save some $, lifetime warranty on gun. last i checked they were going cheaply on gunbroker. i've had very good experience w/ Kel tecs right out of the box.
    check out KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group browse through their discussion boards on the p3at and make your decision.

cholmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Mar 15, 2010
    Greendale, IN
    I have the LCP.380 with 100 rounds through it.
    It works fine so far. It is what it is: a small pocket gun, better then no gun at all.

I get Gun Test, They are a bit late with 'LCP is a Kel-Tec Clone'.
    The only difference I see is the lock back slide.
    I never owned Kel-Tec or fired one. So I only know what I have read and some were not happy with its reliability, so I went LCP.

The trigger on the LCP is about 8lbs. ( Have you seen the lock that comes with the RugerLCP?? Pretty sweet
    But after shooting it, a Glock trigger feels .....perfect

cholmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Mar 15, 2010
    Greendale, IN
    RUGER LCP as better overall appearance and just a cleaner look

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-uRVn4irQ]YouTube - Shooting Ruger LCP .380: Amazing Accuracy[/ame]

Check it out

Top Bottom