• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own and carry both a P3AT and a Bersa 380 CC, the conceal carry model. The bersa is pleasant to fire at the range and the P3AT, which is almost identical to the LCP except a hair lighter, is snappy and not enjoyable to shoot.

If I grab a pistol to throw in a pocket, I grab the P3AT. The Bersa is heavier and you will definitely notice the difference in a pocket. I don't carry the Bersa by pocket but might throw it in my computer case. If I carry inside the waistband, I usually carry a 1911 or carry a G36 in an ankle holster. The Bersa would be better carried IWB, OWB, or ankle. No matter what I carry, I usually have the P3AT in a coat pocket in the winter.

That is my take on it.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have both. The Bersa is easy enough to carry, it's not a pocket pistol however. It IS a great little pistol however and will be the better defense and range pistol. The only redeeming factor the LCP has is that you can put it in a pocket and carry it.

Shooting the LCP is not very entertaining. I find it to be one of the most annoying pistols/revolvers I've ever fired.

If you want to keep yourself safe and have a good range gun - get the Bersa. You can get a Bersa Thunder with Laser grip for 399.99. It's a "hot" looking and very functional pistol with or without the grip.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    I own both.
    Like others have said, you're really comparing apples and bran flakes.
    I love the Bersa.
    I tolerate the LCP because it does what very few guns can do.
    I love apples.
    I tolerate bran flakes because they do what very few foods can do.

For a gun that will spend 90% of its time in the nightstand...get the Bersa.
    (BTW, spare mags are insanely priced)
    IMHO, an inexpensive .357 wheel gun makes a nice nightstand gun too.

afdfirefighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Thank you everyone for your input. The Bersa and the LCP both were either sold or too much $ for me so last night I picked up a Taurus PT111 Millenium 9mm from deo62. It is a very nice gun, the size I was more looking for and came with a holster. I decided to grab that one last night before it sold because of the availability of the 9mm vs the .380. With gun prices rising and everyone stocking up on everything they have I do not want to get stuck with a .380 and in a few years have 2 shops in Indiana that even sell the ammo or something crazy like that.

Thanks again for everyones opinion!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Souns like you made the right choice for you! That will fill the roles you were looking for plus you have a more potent defense caliber.

Enjoy!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great choice! I like that model and glad to see you got a 9mm. I saw that one in the classifieds, very nice!! Congrats and enjoy!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Looks like I'm late to the party as usual:) But I'll say my piece anyways since no one mentioned the Bersa trigger. Like most stated, they aren't really even in the same category. The Bersa being a bit larger still conceals VERY well, and the LCP is a bit snappier......For a newcomer to handguns, my vote would go to the BERSA. The Bersa trigger rivals most custom triggers right out of the box and costs about half as much as a GOOD full custom trigger job. As far as bang for the buck, the fun to shoot, easy to carry Bersa is the best of the two. If you are looking for "deep" conceal then the LCP is the one, but that's about all it has going for it IMO.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have all of the above (lcp, bersa, and pt111). the lcp sucks to shoot, but is good for concealment. The bersa is a great gun, I use a don hume iwb holster and it hides it very well. The biggest problem with both of those is finding the 380 ammo. I carry the pt111 more than any other and it is a great gun to shoot (accuracy recoil sights) and the 9mm is a lot cheaper and much easier to find. I think you made a very good choice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the 9mm. I have not fired a Taurus 9mm, but have fired a Taurus .45 and liked it a lot.

Back on the subject of the Bersa's being a pocket pistol, I've found they work pretty well as a pocket pistol in cargo pants or loose jeans. I also carry mine in an ankle holster and it does well there too. The 380CC is about as big as I'd want to go for pocket carry though, as even my non-CC Bersa 380 seems too large for all but the biggest pockets.

I've been thinking of getting an LCP for those situations that require deeper concealment than is possible with the Bersa. But, anyway, congrats on the new gun. I hope to hear a range report in the not too distant future.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom