• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    It's amazing with all the complaints about promag that they are still in buisness.
    New gun owners. They buy a gun, they see "ohhh cheap mags/extended mags" buy, then research. Or they research and say "well, they can't be THAT bad, maybe I'll get a good one". Then find out they're junk and it's not worth the expense of sending it back. Heck, I did it too with some 20rnd P14-45 mags.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bingo...this right here!
    I believe the photo next to the work 'Junk' in the dictionary is that of a ProMag magazine?
    With Ruger, I'm an OEM magazine only person...for a reason!
    Ruger OEM magazines are worth the $$!
    Just a fyi, mecgar makes rugers mags (and cz, and sig, and beretta) I’ve never had any issues with mecgar, the only difference between ruger and mecgar is that mecgar stamps the “screaming chicken” on rugers mags!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just a fyi, mecgar makes rugers mags (and cz, and sig, and beretta) I’ve never had any issues with mecgar, the only difference between ruger and mecgar is that mecgar stamps the “screaming chicken” on rugers mags!
    I knew they made Beretta & Sig mags...was not aware that they made Ruger mags as well!
    I learned something new today...I can go home now! :) Thank you!

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    New gun owners. They buy a gun, they see "ohhh cheap mags/extended mags" buy, then research. Or they research and say "well, they can't be THAT bad, maybe I'll get a good one". Then find out they're junk and it's not worth the expense of sending it back. Heck, I did it too with some 20rnd P14-45 mags.
    I was looking for a stainless Mini 14 mag, and found one online. Ended up being a ProMag, but seems to work well. The one for the LCP, I ended up sanding the bottom of the follower, so i could seat it with the mag full, but I will be a little more discerning with my mags going forward

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Pro mag uses their similar name (PMag) to confuse newbies, I did have a pro mag for an M&P that actually worked well, but there are always exceptions….I steer customers to name brand mags, not pro mags..

Top Bottom