• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I just acquired a Ruger LCP. I bought an extra ProMag for it and 2 cheap grip extensions. The hole in the bottom of the extension is larger than the Ruger mag. The ProMag won't seat with the extension mounted, and the ProMag won't seat with a full 6 rounds in it. Sounds to me like the ProMag is not a great accessory for this model, but if anyone has any tips or hacks for making it a little more functional, I'm all ears

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I have one for a Mini14 that works great. I will keep it for plinking, but looks like I'll be getting another factory mag.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Now, recommend good grip extension for the Ruger mags. I'd like it to add an inch, give or take.
    I just use the OEM extensions. They are just little ledges. It allows a good firm two finger grip with dangling pinkie. Longer magazines/grips sort of negate the purpose of a pocket or ankle gun. The LCPs are easy to carry and not always the most fun to shoot.

You can use the crazy extended ProMags for the range. But practice a little bit with the OEM mags.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Repurpose the ProMag as a doorstop and count it a (thankfully relatively cheap) lesson learned. Factory or OEM supplier (Mec-Gar, ACT-Mag, MDS, etc.) mags are the only way to go.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Things I trust more than pro mags
    1-gas station sushi!
    2-my ex wife!
    3-a proctologist who winks at me!
    4-my ex wife when she said she’d love me forever!
    5-a sneeze when I have diarrhea!
    6-my ex wife when she said she wouldn’t take 1/2 of everything!
    7-leaving the keys in my Ferrari parked on Martin Luther King boulevard!
    8- My cheating whore of an ex wife!(who took 1/2 of everything!)

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I just use the OEM extensions. They are just little ledges. It allows a good firm two finger grip with dangling pinkie. Longer magazines/grips sort of negate the purpose of a pocket or ankle gun. The LCPs are easy to carry and not always the most fun to shoot.

You can use the crazy extended ProMags for the range. But practice a little bit with the OEM mags.
    I was looking for one just a bit longer, but for pocket carry, the factory ones are just fine.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Bought a used Bersa Thunder 380 acp. Only 1 mag, gun fired fine. Bought a 10 rd Promax mag, no issues if I use 9 rounds in mag. Bought an 8 rd factory mag, jam city.
    Got another Promax 8 rounder, same as 10 rd. use only 7 in mag feeds fine.

That's it. Side by side they all look perfect. IDK.
    I use those others as range only, factory if carrying EDC.
    Add: Have owned Bersas for years. No issues except the mag deal above.

This one is kinda special. Our pal Big Trucker sold me this one,
    think of him often.

Last edited:

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    If I ever run across a magazine that doesn't work I just toss it in the trash.

Don't want it to end up in someone's hands in a self defense situation and it not work.

When I was a new gun owner I got burned by promags once. They're junk and always has been.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Every ProMag I have purchased, used or otherwise seen hit the range has been junk. Stick with the OEM Ruger mags and enjoy your gun. Toss the aftermarket ProMags in a drawer and write them off as paying tuition.
    Bingo...this right here!
    I believe the photo next to the work 'Junk' in the dictionary is that of a ProMag magazine?
    With Ruger, I'm an OEM magazine only person...for a reason!
    Ruger OEM magazines are worth the $$!

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    It is not just ProMag. My Kahr CM9 came with one 6 round magazine. I ordered and extra 6 round and one 7 round extended magazine. I used the 7 rounder 3 or 4 times, with failures to feed every time. It will never go in my gun again. It will go in the recycle bin next time I see it. I also had a SCCY CPX-2 gen 3. Nice enough gun, but the magazines are crap. I gave up on that entire package. A gun without working magazines is a paperweight.

Top Bottom