• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The Ruger is a good gun, but if money is not an issue, and you like SA pistols, there really is no contest, the Sig is far superior.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Very happy with the 938. Real sights, night sights. Much better trigger. Relatively soft shooting and manageable for a pistol it's size.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This is comparing apples to kumquats. Both are good guns in their own respects, but they are VERY different from each other.

The Ruger is a medium-small, DAO, polymer framed, budget class pistol.

The SIG is a small, SAO, metal framed, premium class pistol.

Ruger has the price and customer-service advantage. SIG has the size and aesthetic advantage. Everything else is personal preference.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Gawd, man, I have the LC9 and like it and carry it. But if I had the dough laying around I'd get the sig in a heartbeat (And I haven't even tried it yet, except for coonfingering it at the gun store). The trigger on the LC9 is ... different. Let's just say you'll need to train with it. It unlike anything else I've ever shot. That being said, it's easy in the pocket. I believe the sig would be heavier.
    Look, buy the sig and if you don't like it I'll trade ya.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    Just sold the LC9 with crimson trace... not a bad gun at all for the price! Not a fan of the trigger at all, but if you put itin perspective DAO is more like a revolver set up... Very safe set up for CCW. Dont know much about the SIG. If I had it to do over I would not buy the LC9. Quality was great just a personal preference.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have more extensive experience with the p238 and lcp.. So the 380 version of these two guns. The Sig is far superior and I recommend it highly. I want to buy a 938 when I have the money, so if you can afford it that is the direction I would go. I see you posted a few weeks back, have you made a decision or purchased a gun yet?

Top Bottom