• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I see it's been released recently. Anyone have any experience with it or thoughts? I'm curious if it might be the ideal pocket carry gun over a .380 or J frame size revolver?

I handled it at the SHOT Show and was less than impressed. The LC9 is not, as some seem to think, a 9mm version of the LCP. It is a much larger gun, on par with the Kel-Tec PF9 and Taurus 709 in terms of size. That puts it out of the "pocket gun" category IMO, but then, I don't think a J-Frame .38 is pocket material, either.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    There's only one on Gunbroker so far, and my first one shipped out today. It's "so new" at this point that nobody really has any experience to speak of.

It's got about the same fit and finish of the SR9 I think.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I carry a LCP

While I know it's larger than the LCP, I'm interested in one.

I once bought a Kel-Tec P11 and because I'm big, I could carry it.

But the Kel-Tec trigger was terrible - so I sold it.

This looks like it may be a quality Kel-Tec P9 or P11 size.

I can't wait to get my hands on one.

:cool:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I handled it at the SHOT Show and was less than impressed. The LC9 is not, as some seem to think, a 9mm version of the LCP. It is a much larger gun, on par with the Kel-Tec PF9 and Taurus 709 in terms of size. That puts it out of the "pocket gun" category IMO, but then, I don't think a J-Frame .38 is pocket material, either.

I agree that the size issue comes into play... for this reason, I'm a little more interested in the Kahr CM9 to go alongside the PM9. When you guys get THOSE in, Shooter, I'd like to hear some reviews. I suspect there will be a lot of LC9 vs 709 vs CM9 vs..... type info to be had.

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Is it really that big? I have a sr9c and was hoping it would be a nice backup carry paired with that... if its like that why not just get anorthe sr9c

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I carry a LCP

While I know it's larger than the LCP, I'm interested in one.

I once bought a Kel-Tec P11 and because I'm big, I could carry it.

But the Kel-Tec trigger was terrible - so I sold it.

This looks like it may be a quality Kel-Tec P9 or P11 size.

I can't wait to get my hands on one.

If you liked the P11, except for the trigger; you may want to try the PF, as it's trigger mechanism is different IIRC. The P11 is a true DA, while the PF is partially cocked DA, which is a bit lighter.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    +1 jesse485

Thanks for the suggestion, but the fit & finish of the Kel-Tec just wasn't up to par IMHO.

I've always had very good gun experiences with Ruger - far superior gun in my opinion.

Always close in price.

Thanks again

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Smith J frame is a pocket gun easily for me, no way in the world could I get a PF9 into a pocket, nor would I want to.

Not interested in this gun at all personally.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Eh, I really really wanted one. Then I picked up my Kahr PM9 which is just as much, if not more, of a pocket gun than it is. No longer have the need for one. If the need does arise, I'll prolly go with a PF9 from Kel-Tec. It's cheaper and prolly the same gun by a different manufacture...

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009

I could not agree more.

Saw it at SHOT as well and was very underwhelmed. Significantly larger in both size and feel than the LCP and uncomfortable for pocket carry IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    While it kinda "looks" like the LCP, it's not and about the same size as a Kel-Tec PF-9. I have a PF-9, a P11 and an LCP. But my Kel-Tec is light, certainly dependable, and also about $120 less expensive. Plus, it's a proven pistol. I think I would wait until Ruger worked the bugs out before I went and got an LC9

Top Bottom