• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    So yesterday I saw 5 new Ruger LC380 in two different gun stores. Is the going price really $450-500 for these guns? Seems like a big jump in price from the LCP. I can buy a Kahr Arms 9mm for a similar price. Just seeing if these prices are fair. Thanks

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I like the LC9 and being that they are the same size I would probably opt for the 9mm. I just was surprised at the price. Maybe I am wrong but I think the Kahrs are better guns for the same money.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for an LC9 for my wife. Does the Kahr have an external safety?

No.

For what it is worth, I personally think safeties are worthless on DAO/striker fired pistols. The triggers are the safeties, which is why you keep it in a decent holster. Most of the triggers are long enough to get away with no need for a safety. Single-action style pistols are a different story...

I have a CM9/CW9 so let me know if I can answer any questions to help you find a good gun.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I X2 Grogmister on Kahr being better weapons. Nothing wrong with Ruger, but I think they are outmatched here. I'd say go for a CM9, which is smaller than an LC9 (and many reviews say better trigger) or go for a Kahr CW380. My $0.02.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So yesterday I saw 5 new Ruger LC380 in two different gun stores. Is the going price really $450-500 for these guns? Seems like a big jump in price from the LCP. I can buy a Kahr Arms 9mm for a similar price. Just seeing if these prices are fair. Thanks

Depends on where you look. Some LGS's are jacking up the prices on new models.
    I've saw them available online the past couple of weeks in the $320ish range.
    But if you see one in stock you will have to act quick, it will be gone in minutes.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I would not pay that much for the LC380, and I would also get the LC9 over it anyway. I was fortunate to get an LC9 for $350 at a gun show in February, felt it was a great price all things considered. Midwest had them for $320 on black friday, so 350 post sandy hook felt like a great deal. Be patient and you should find a decent price on either one you decide to get

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The LC9, like all polymer guns in 9mm that size, will probably have a decent bit of recoil. I have had a few people tell me that my LCP is a bit snappy too, because of its small size. The only answer for some to have a concealable pistol is to up size the LCP to a point that the recoil will be more tolerable.
    My wife started out with a PK380 as her first carry pistol. It wasnt long before she decided that she could handle something with more recoil, and in a smaller package, though for some, that might not ever become an option.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I stopped by Freedom Firearms in Ft. Wayne just to look and they had 3 LC9 but they all were the models with the laser built into the trigger guard. They were wanting $589 for one. I don't have to buy now and no way am I going to pay that kind of money for a Ruger. Not that Ruger is a bad gun or anything, they just are not worth that kind of money to me. I'm sure they will sell them to some sucker it just won't be this sucker.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I stopped by Freedom Firearms in Ft. Wayne just to look and they had 3 LC9 but they all were the models with the laser built into the trigger guard. They were wanting $589 for one. I don't have to buy now and no way am I going to pay that kind of money for a Ruger. Not that Ruger is a bad gun or anything, they just are not worth that kind of money to me. I'm sure they will sell them to some sucker it just won't be this sucker.

Depends on which laser. They aren't built in per say, they just come with them installed from the factory.
    If it was the Crimson Trace laser, these sell for around $190 aftermarket.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Thanks for the links. Good info with the second one. The first link is more of what I was willing to spend on a Ruger

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    LGS in Seymour had an LC380 a couple of weeks ago for either $340-$360. Don't remember exactly.

Personally if I had to choose between an LCP, LC9 or LC380 I would go with the LC380.

Top Bottom