• ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Ruger Firearms Being 'Forced' Out of California Due to Microstamping

[h=2]On January 23rd, Breitbart News reported Smith & Wesson's plans to end most California gun sales due to the state's microstamping regulation. In so doing, we mentioned that Sturm, Ruger, & Co. had also announced that their guns would likely not be available in California either for the same reason.[/h]Breitbart News spoke to Sturm, Ruger, & Co. on January 24th and they provided us with this statement "in response to our question about how the [microstamping] law in California will impact Ruger":
    Ruger is committed to its customers in California. Unfortunately, the ill-conceived law requiring the incorporation of microstamping technology into semi-automatic pistols is forcing Ruger pistols off the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California. We are working hard to serve our customers in California and will do all we can to fight this draconian law. We continue to submit pistols to the independent test lab for testing and those pistols meet all the requirements of California in effect when those pistols first appeared on the Roster, i.e., everything except microstamping. We have been informed by the lab that the CA DDI will not even consider these "new" pistols for inclusion on the Roster unless they satisfy the microstamping regulations, which many numerous studies have found unworkable. Until microstamping is repealed, we expect that Ruger pistols--some of the safest available--will continue to be forced off the Roster.

how many more companies are going to have to leave CA(but i say more the merrier)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It might make it easier to narrow down the suspects, since LEO are exempt, if there's no marking than it must have been fired from an LEO's gun? This will certainly help the "us" vs "them" thing in California between cops and gunowners. Purple.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    S&W too if all the majors pull out the populace may stand up and make a fuss. That would be good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think the only ones that are going to make a fuss are probably already doing it. The only way to make an impact is probably to pull a Barrett and refuse LEO sales as well.

^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I hope these companies cease selling their products to LEO in CA as well. I didn't see anything from any of the stories that said either way, but maybe if the police couldn't get the guns they want either, it might make a difference. They should follow the lead of Ronnie Barrett.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The bulk of Californians will only make a fuss over something when it's aired on Entertainment Tonight as something they should be outraged about. For the most part, they are more than happy to bend over and take whatever the government gives them as long as there's the promise of a handout when it's over.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    The state really needs to splinter into smaller states. Let Sacramento, L.A., Oakland, and San Francisco be their own hells. It's sad that such a large state is held captive by a metropolis or two of fascist fools. Reminds me of Illinois, in that sense.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Ok, folks. Time out for the ignorant among us (me!)

What is "microstamping?" And then, in the event that it won't be obvious... how is it bad?

Firearm microstamping, ballistic imprinting and ballistic engraving are all names given to a controversial technology that has been developed with the goal of aiding in ballistics identification; it involves the use of laser technology to engrave a microscopic marking onto the tip of the firing ...
    Firearm microstamping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My opinion is that it is a way to make costs too high for production and to wipe out your collection. Crazy way for states to force power on companies and to eventually wipe them out/get them out of their state. Let's hope that this isn't a trend. Costs would eventually be passed down to the consumer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, this could be a good thing for the gun flippers.
    I believe that "preban" guns made before the law went into effect without microstamping in CA are still legal to purchase.
    Just think of all the older guns out there that can be funneled into commiefornia for big $$$$$$$$$$$. The price will skyrocket.
    Just like no new full autos after 1986 drove prices through the roof. Same principal.

Top Bottom