• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    So I found a pretty good deal on a Ruger 5.56. I've been looking for an AR platform weapon for a good while now and love the look and feel of this weapon. Every review I have read online has been pretty positive sounding as far as fit and functionality. So basically I'm just asking INGO for some reassurance that this is a good, quality firearm, and maybe some firsthand accounts of use from actual owners.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I looked long and hard at a Ruger 5.56 and also found mostly good feedback, I did found that some of them had premature wear on the bolt (small numbers) but Ruger made it for those who had that problem. The one thing I don't like a bout piston AR's is the fact that they all have proprietary parts so if you brake something parts are not as easy to find as with the DI.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I loved mine, and hated to let it go. I just had too many AR's. It was a tack driver, and I loved the piston system. You only had to wipe the bolt clean, and it was always cool to the touch. It had an excellent cold hammer forged barrel, and the Troy battle rails and sights were great. I liked the Hogue grip so much, I put one on each of my AR's. I'd say go for it and enjoy it. Yeah, it has proprietary parts, but there isn't anything on there that's going to break.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    buddy of mine has one. it was ok, but i prefer my DI guns. I'm not an operator, so I dont have to worry if my AR gets a little gunked up. I personally dont care for the monolithic rail- i like to tinker and swap things out every once in a while. But if the right deal came along, yes I would buy one.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    I'm not too worried about tinkering with this rifle too much so the monolithic rail design doesn't bother me all that much. The only thing i'll probably end up throwing on it are a foregrip, a quality red dot, and possibly a good light. Depending on how the trigger feels after it breaks in I also may spring for a Geissele SSA-E drop in trigger and call it done!

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Mine has not let me down at all. She eats every type of ammo I can throw at her, hits where I aim, and I love being able to adjust the throw of the brass. Like said above, I just have to wipe down the bolt, and swab out the barrel.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I'm not too worried about tinkering with this rifle too much so the monolithic rail design doesn't bother me all that much. The only thing i'll probably end up throwing on it are a foregrip, a quality red dot, and possibly a good light. Depending on how the trigger feels after it breaks in I also may spring for a Geissele SSA-E drop in trigger and call it done!

I had one, loved it, the trigger was the only change I made to it.

Top Bottom