• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Mmmmmm anyone else think the takedown would make a great suppressed SBR starter kit?
    As a matter of fact I decided to get a Charger and just use it as my base gun, SBR it and then slap it in my AGP stock. Only I forgot they discontinued them. With this new one all I have to do is modify the stock to work with the Ruger takedown design.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I got to handle the non-takedown version (brown stock) at ZX Gun in Fort Wayne yesterday and reluctantly handed it back to them. 20 minutes later, someone else bought it. I was hoping to find the takedown version at the show, but did not see one. I knew I should have snagged that one up at ZX when I had it in my hands. I really liked the feel of it and the pictures do not do it justice, beautiful pistol in person. I also found out that the new Charger has the redesigned Ruger BX trigger with the lighter pull and shorter reset. Compared to my 10/22 takedown rifle's trigger, it was like night and day. Even though I didn't buy that one, I confirmed that I definitely want one. And the hunt is on.........

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Played around a little bit in my paint program and kinda had something like this in mind:

attachment.php
    Dang! You had to go and do that; now I want one!

chimpmeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    nice little gun.. like my dad always said "you get 4 or 5 .22 bullets in your chest, you're gonna feel pretty sick"

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I never really understood the point of the charger, but for some reason, the take down version does it for me... If I could find one for a decent price I think I'd probably be filling out another Form 1. maybe have it cut a bit shorter yet though. :) Maybe use a stock takedown front stock with a tiny barrel. With a suppressor I think that would look pretty sweet sitting partially in the stock channel...

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    sure seems like that would be a neat gun for shooting rats around a farm, I have a older version charger and its one of my guns I will always keep the wife even likes it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I never really understood the point of the charger, but for some reason, the take down version does it for me... If I could find one for a decent price I think I'd probably be filling out another Form 1. maybe have it cut a bit shorter yet though. :) Maybe use a stock takedown front stock with a tiny barrel. With a suppressor I think that would look pretty sweet sitting partially in the stock channel...

In my opinion, the point of the Charger is fun.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I just saw Whittaker's has the take down for $313.99 and the conventional stock ones for $239.99. I paid $400.00 for my used one 2 months ago. Hind sight is 20/20.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I love the way they handle, feel, and look now.

I SO want a stainless underfolder stock for one. That becomes available or a machinist friend and I come up with an idea.....SBR time here I come

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I want to give a huge THANK YOU to ZX Gun in Fort Wayne, once again they came through for me. I did not have this on order with them, but they must have seen this thread and PM'd me today to let me know they had one in stock. So after I woke from my old man afternoon nap, I saw the PM and raced it across town to buy it right before they closed. So please welcome..............drum roll.............Ruger Charger Takedown.............in the house of T-DOGG !!!!
    *applause everyone*

34smiv6.jpg

2hyfjb5.jpg

1zecume.jpg

ekhs7o.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That looks pretty as can be.

Next time I am headed toward the Fort I will get with you and bring a can for you to hang on the end of it.... if you need.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom