• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    Well I purchased a new 10/22 at Dick's today and I love the gun. The most fun I've had shooting in a while.

I wanted to ask if there was any thing I should be looking out for (parts breaking, etc.) and I was wondering what scopes or optics you all would suggest attaching to it.

Also mine only came with one mag, is this usual?

shotbyspike

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    10/22s are nice little guns, lots of fun to shoot and reliable. With the standard barrel I'd suggest a simple low power scope. We have 2 10/22's and mine has a 3x9 Bushnell scope mounted, to be frank the scope has too much magnification for the rifle when it is cranked up to the higher magnifications. My daughter's 10/22 as a Swift 4x scope that is much better suited to the gun. There are target grade 10/22s with heavy barrels and tuned triggers that can probably utilize high power scopes, but both of my guns are the stock versions and 3x to 4x magnification is plenty.

As for magazines, there are lots of brands out there from Butler Creek, Ram-Line up to the premium Vorquarkson units. Most work well enough, the better magazines have metal feed lips but most of the plastic Ram-Lines work well and last quite a while.

My daughter shooting my 10/22
    Melfiringsitting.jpg

My daughter's pink laminated stocked 10/22 before the scope was mounted
    pix2692053843.jpg

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I have two Ruger 10/22's
    No... I'm not bragging. I have a Stainless 22" rifle that I bought a couple of years ago. I found out about Appleseedinfo.org and decided to sign up and go. after some researsh I found that they will allow optics however their true focus is to train riflemen to hit a man-size target accurately at 300yrds... with iron sights.
    So I ponied up got me a cheapo 10/22 carbine and purchased tech-sights for it that have the same sight picture as an m-1 /garand or the standard ar-15 sights. I am looking forward to letting alot of ammo go downrange with my new toy. I am sure you will enjoy yours just as much!!

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    I wish I had been able to post some pictures before, but between my new born daughter, my work, and not getting enough sleep I'm lucky I'm functioning at all.

I took her shooting this weekend and had a blast. Can't wait to attach a scope.

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    I bought the 10/22 SS synthetic from Dick's last weekend, last one they had. They had a cheep Simmons 3-9X scope on clearance for $20.00 I put that on, but have yet to try it out. It looks really nice, glad I bought it. So on one of your original questions, What breaks on it, what should we look into getting for replacement parts?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    One of the most fun guns I have. It is in the front of the safe because it gets shot the most. I havent had any problems with mine. Even with thousands of rounds down range.

Gump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I got one 25 years ago from Schmalz's (sp?) sporting goods in downtown Bloomington. I have shot tens of thousands of rounds out of it and never had to replace anything. It still shoots better than I can shoot it. After reading of the tech-sights, above, I think I might try a set of those. I like the idea of haveing the smae sight picture as an ar15.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    My brother brought out a Remington 597 last time we went shooting, and I liked it. It seemed pretty nice, and I liked the trigger on it. Well, I've been thinking about getting a cheap .22 to mess around with. I was considering the 10/22, Remington 597 or Marlin 759. I stopped by Dick's last night, and they had some 10/22s, I think they were the CRR model. Is that the base model, in carbine length?

Any insight on which to go with, even though I'm pretty sure everyone will say the 10/22?

Gump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Ellettsville
    I know it, Good gun shops are few and far between these days.

Well, my tech-sights came in the mail yesterday (Monday) which is super fast as I only ordered them on Friday! I put them on last night and I think I like em. They seem just a little flimsy, but I think they'll be ok. Hope to sight it in Friday at the Martinsville range.

Gump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Ellettsville
    Also, to all you guys just getting into 10/22's, if you have the carbine with the barrel band out at the forend of the stock, try taking it off for better groups. I took mine off years ago after discovering how much better it shot with out it.

Top Bottom