• ...and so much more!
  • Rugarlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    La Porte
    Is Rugar a Chinese knockoff of Ruger?
    Now come on give a break.....I'm a rookie on this forum. OK RugEr. Looks like I'm going to have to change my user name now. Man.... You guys are tough. I always seem to misspell it. No I'm not Chinese that's why I want an All American 1911. Screwed up my first post. Thanks for making me painfully aware of my stupidity.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to ingo.

The R1911 or whatever Ruger is calling them have been making their way onto store shelves already.

Now from what I've heard, they don't last for more than a few moments in the store before being sold, so you have to be lucky to catch one.

Or maybe you can special order one from your favorite local dealer. But expect to wait for a long time.

Rugarlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    La Porte
    Thanks Mr.Lubie. I saw your post when you were trying to sell yours and got real excited until I saw that you posted that back in May. I have three dealers looking for me but they won't take my money until they are sure they can get the gun. Davidisons has them all allocated. How did you like yours?

Rugarlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    La Porte
    Thanks LEaSH,
    That's where I am now but they can't even get a wholesale commitment. They won't even let me lock one down with the full asking price. I live in La Porte and I think I've checked all around here...... I've started searching Indy.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks Mr.Lubie. I saw your post when you were trying to sell yours and got real excited until I saw that you posted that back in May. I have three dealers looking for me but they won't take my money until they are sure they can get the gun. Davidisons has them all allocated. How did you like yours?

Absolutely loved it and if it wasn't for bills and a family vacation I would still have it.Soon as the ol lady says the bank account can afford another gun it will more then likely be the SR1911 and this time for keeps

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are they only going to be brushed stainless? Does anyone see them blued?

I thought one of the prototypes were a deep blue.

I'd like a SR1911, but I probably would never carry it, or have it holstered. Stainless is nice, but I'd prefer the traditional finish, a grey parkerize even, but I know they won't do that.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    We have had 3 of them in the shop ....they lasted about an hour .

Very nice 1911 , Dont know how they shoot , but I do know I want one .

If they are like any other new guns , wait about a year they will be everywhere .

Most of the new model guns we get in ( kimber solo , LC9 , PMR30 ,Ruger1911) never make it to the shelve .
    Always a customer standing in the store that will see us getting ready to put it on the shelve and they will buy it before it makes it .:ingo:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I hunted many places for one, even left my name, phone and email. I gave up and bought another Springfield. I sure wish that Ruger's production/distribution was up to the same speed as their marketing/sales promo department.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Have you called Cabelas in Hammond? Kempf in Michigan City might be able to help, or one of the Blythe's shops. You could always try Midwest in Mishawaka too.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Midwest had one a few weeks back. Went and played touchy feely with it but they wouldn't budge on MSRP!!! Cabelas no, Bass Pro no, Big R no, not sure about Kemps as I will not step foot in there! Good luck.

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    OP...you might want to get your name changed or something to show that you are a Ruger fan, and not a Rugar one ;)

Rugarlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    La Porte
    Hi LEaSH, I think Ruger will have several options worked into their 1911 line going forward. The SR 1911 is their first shot (no pun intended) at the 1911 design.

Top Bottom