• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    She slapped him around while he was driving putting passengers, pedestrians, and other motorists in danger. At the point he hit her, he had to. He should have stopped much earlier though and ordered her off and radioed dispatch. I'd still vote to acquit. I think she was looking for trouble and she likely would have refused to step off and escalated just the same. The second she attacked is the second I would no longer see a woman but a person attacking me and endangering the people I'm responsible for. :twocents:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    After watching the video, if I was on the jury I'd go for jury nullification. IMO she got exactly what she deserved, self defense or not.

You want to run your mouth and do stuff like that you're going to get what you deserve from someone.

I talk to people like that woman all the time at work, it is depressing.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    I don't care who you are, you don't do that to any woman!!!!!!
    Even if she is a female dog who deserved it, damn!!!!!
    No he did not have a right to do that, no fear of life at all.

This isn't a case of use of deadly force.
    He didn't have to be in fear for his life to do what he did.
    What if the woman had caused a crash with her behavior?:twocents:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't care who you are, you don't do that to any woman!!!!!!
    Even if she is a female dog who deserved it, damn!!!!!
    No he did not have a right to do that, no fear of life at all.

Who cares if it's a woman? Basically what you're saying is, it a woman is beating you to within an inch of your life, you're gonna take it because don't put your hands on a woman?

I may sound lika a heartless a-hole here, but I don't care if it's a woman. If I feel that my, or my families safety is in jeopardy, I will do what I need to do to survive. That being said, no I don't even think its even up for discussion that this guy was NOT justified in punching her. What should of happened was the bus being stopped (I think the safety of the others was compromised by him being so distracted while driving) and not go anywhere until she was off. Even right before he hit her, the driver could have just as easily walked off the bus. He was egging her on just as much as she was giving him crap.

Mike, as usual, I agree with everythihng you've posted thus far. Did she deserve it? No. Was it justified? No. I would say it will be entertaining to see this play out in court, but it won't be. He'll get his ass handed to him, unfortuantely.

After watching the video, if I was on the jury I'd go for jury nullification. IMO she got exactly what she deserved, self defense or not.

You want to run your mouth and do stuff like that you're going to get what you deserve from someone.

I talk to people like that woman all the time at work, it is depressing.

Running your mouth does not deserve getting uppercutted by some guy who is probably twice your size. Yes she put her hands on him, but she was not beating the crap out of him. Yes she spit on him, yes by Indiana law that is battery, but t does not require what he did. He should have removed himself or her from the situation.

Next question is, after uppercutting her, he removed her from the bus. She then got back on the bus and started instigating the situation again, enough that her friends had to hold her back. If she came after him and blocked his means of escape, since he had already removed her would it then be okay for him to put his hands on her? Obviously not uppercutting her like that, but forcibly removing her from the situation.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Next question is, after uppercutting her, he removed her from the bus. She then got back on the bus and started instigating the situation again, enough that her friends had to hold her back. If she came after him and blocked his means of escape, since he had already removed her would it then be okay for him to put his hands on her? Obviously not uppercutting her like that, but forcibly removing her from the situation.
    My only thoughts on this are....He didn't hit her hard enough the first time.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I feel he did the right thing. He has a duty to protect those on his bus, and she was distracting him while he was driving and slapped/and or pushed him or something.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Who cares if it's a woman? Basically what you're saying is, it a woman is beating you to within an inch of your life, you're gonna take it because don't put your hands on a woman?

Mike, as usual, I agree with everythihng you've posted thus far. Did she deserve it? No. Was it justified? No. I would say it will be entertaining to see this play out in court, but it won't be. He'll get his ass handed to him, unfortuantely.

Running your mouth does not deserve getting uppercutted by some guy who is probably twice your size. Yes she put her hands on him, but she was not beating the crap out of him. Yes she spit on him, yes by Indiana law that is battery, but t does not require what he did. He should have removed himself or her from the situation.

I'm looking at both sides of the coin... he may have tried to remove himself, but no where to really go, she was being absolutely beligerent.

And if I were on that jury, after watching the video, I'd go for jury nullification.

Yes I do believe there are men and women out there that need a good whooping for once in their life.

She obviously wanted to play in the "big boy" arena, that's what happens when you play with fire IMO.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm looking at both sides of the coin... he may have tried to remove himself, but no where to really go, she was being absolutely beligerent.

And if I were on that jury, after watching the video, I'd go for jury nullification.

Yes I do believe there are men and women out there that need a good whooping for once in their life.

She obviously wanted to play in the "big boy" arena, that's what happens when you play with fire IMO.

Yup. At first she was all like I'm gonna whoop you blah blah and after he he gave her what she needed she switched to I'm gonna have my man whoop you blah blah. *****, please.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't want none
    Don't start none.

Yes, he could have pulled over, called the police.
    Sometimes situations get escalated and don't work out as they should.
    Maybe if people realized there were consequenses (sp?) she wouldn't have started it.
    And she did start it.
    And escalate it.
    And continue it.

TMD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Owen County, IN
    I was a city bus driver in Bloomington for seven years. During that time I was yelled at, spat at, insulted and berated, as well as being assaulted several times, and even shot at once (pellet rifle, but still). There are days that I was within an inch of decking an insolent passenger or two... but to lose control and actually do it, no. I feel for the guy, because I know *exactly* how he felt at that time, but there are some lines you can't cross.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I was a city bus driver in Bloomington for seven years. During that time I was yelled at, spat at, insulted and berated, as well as being assaulted several times, and even shot at once (pellet rifle, but still). There are days that I was within an inch of decking an insolent passenger or two... but to lose control and actually do it, no. I feel for the guy, because I know *exactly* how he felt at that time, but there are some lines you can't cross.

I'd cross that line.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    He should not have done it, but not all men give women the benefit of the doubt. I agree with the poster who said you never hit a woman, no matter what (life-threatening situations excluded). He was wrong. She was stupid. If a woman is going to act like that, then she should not be surprised when some men react like he did.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not life threatening.
    You mean like when someone punches the operator of a huge vehicle, transporting dozens of people, in traffic with risks of collisions/injuries/death???

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not life threatening.
    You mean like when someone punches the operator of a huge vehicle, transporting dozens of people, in traffic with risks of collisions/injuries/death???

Yes.

By the time the driver got out his seat, they were no longer in traffic. When the driver stood up and confronted Miss Mouth, the bus was stopped on the curb. At that point the doors were open and some of the passengers had actually got off the bus, the rest were free to leave but were standing around watching the action. There's not much risk of collision in a vehicle that's stopped on the side of the road. The passengers where taking videos with their cell phones, not fleeing through the open doors, they didn't seem very threatened at that point.

Granted, there was some danger to the passengers when she was attacking the driver while he was driving. But once he stopped the bus, that part was over. At that point, he did more in the interest of safety when he grabbed her by the hair and dragged her off the bus at one point, bear hugged her and dragged her off again at another. It was almost comical the degree to which she was overpowered. He was a lot bigger and stronger than she was. The punch wasn't needed. The driver was just pissed at that point. The driver’s reaction might be understandable, but still unnecessary.

Last edited:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If a woman puts her hands on a man I whole heartedly believe she deserves the same in return. Granted he hit her MUCH harder than she could ever hope to hit him but he was clearly at a breaking point. Yes he should have stopped the bus and radioed in to dispatch. There are a lot of better ways this could have gone. Bottom line, IMO she DID deserve to get hit although maybe not so hard. And it truly was a thing of beauty to watch. I'm willing to bet she'll think twice before mouthing off to someone again!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Did anyone watch her TV interview? When the reporter asked her if she assaulted the bus driver first, she said she her lawyer told her that she couldn't talk about that part.

Top Bottom