• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Has anyone ordered one lately? If so what was the wait? I have been looking to trade a S and W 460 handgun for one and have a couple of nibbles going on at a couple of other web sites. I thinking if this trade does not go through I am going to order one straight from RR. Thanks

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Just ordered one from RRA. It took around 70-75 days until I received it. I was hoping that it would be sooner, and called several times. Each time I called, they said the standard line... 60-90 days is the delivery time. Just order it, and wait. You won't be disappointed

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Rock River uppers are awesome. The 16" barrels allow for the use of all but slow rifle powders in the reloading of 458 SOCOM.

Wait time IS 2-3 months, but as stated, it's totally worth it.

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Guess I better get one on order. By the time it gets here and work up a load it will be Nov gun season. Thanks for the replys. Oh by the way how does your RR 458 shoot? What loads are you shooting? I have several 458 boolit moulds to cast bullets with. I'm thinking the 330 HP Gould bullet would be a good deer projectile.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    I was lucky found my .458 upper for sale online a few years ago before too many people knew much about them including me so wait wasn't too long.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Guess I better get one on order. By the time it gets here and work up a load it will be Nov gun season. Thanks for the replys. Oh by the way how does your RR 458 shoot? What loads are you shooting? I have several 458 boolit moulds to cast bullets with. I'm thinking the 330 HP Gould bullet would be a good deer projectile.

I would check out ACME in Seymour to see if they have any in stock. I bought one from them but couldn't get there to pick it up, so they brought it to the 1500 for me.

As far as loads go. Mine shoots well with Reloader 7. Also, I'm shooting with a midlength gas system. A lot of guys like H110, but only in the carbine length from what I hear. I think the H110 doesn't allow the bolt to cycle completely in the midlengths if I remember correctly. YMMV

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Boomstick thanks for the reply. I am a LEO and asked RR about a LEO discount. 1050.00 for complete rifle. I don't have enough post for a PM but are you close to that?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I have only shot off the shelf ammo the best being SBR with the 300gr Barnes TTSX. It shot extremely well holding sub-moa groups out to 250yards. Mine has 7 deer to it's name all 1 shot kills

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Bass and Bucks in Wabash In has one on the shelf at this time. 260-569-1853. Full rifle, I thought it was listed for 1050$ yesterday. Could be off a couple of dollars, give them a call if interested.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have only shot off the shelf ammo the best being SBR with the 300gr Barnes TTSX. It shot extremely well holding sub-moa groups out to 250yards. Mine has 7 deer to it's name all 1 shot kills

For 250yd shots, at what range do you zero and what are your holds for ranges from 50 to 150 yards?

Thanks,

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Bass and Bucks in Wabash In has one on the shelf at this time. 260-569-1853. Full rifle, I thought it was listed for 1050$ yesterday. Could be off a couple of dollars, give them a call if interested.

Bass & Bucks is a great shop to deal with. I have bought a couple guns from them and they are great people and very customer oriented. I go there first for my gun needs and haven't had to go anywhere else.

Top Bottom