• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's a two pronged question. As Geraldo explains, the real reason was over a "spiked" story, whateverthehellthatmeans, but still the other prong is that it was considered a valid reason to fire him back then. It's not as much an issue now because there is no presumption of journalistic integrity now. Now, more than then, journalism is a pragmatic means to an end that has nothing to do with simply objectively reporting news.

In all fairness the Clinton foundation is, at least on the surface, a charitable organization and not a political one. I think Stephanopoulos, when interviewing Schweitzer about his critical view of the Clinton Foundation, should have disclosed to Schweitzer and the audience that he has donated money to that foundation. His excuse about it being public record is not a valid one. The fact that he's a donar of the organization he's interviewing about should disqualify him as an objective interviewer.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Stephanopolis was literally part of the Clinton Administration. He was a Clinton White House staff member. Why is the donation controversial? Its not exactly shocking or new. He's always been a political operative.

Last edited:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It's a two pronged question. As Geraldo explains, the real reason was over a "spiked" story, whateverthehellthatmeans, but still the other prong is that it was considered a valid reason to fire him back then. It's not as much an issue now because there is no presumption of journalistic integrity now. Now, more than then, journalism is a pragmatic means to an end that has nothing to do with simply objectively reporting news.

In all fairness the Clinton foundation is, at least on the surface, a charitable organization and not a political one. I think Stephanopoulos, when interviewing Schweitzer about his critical view of the Clinton Foundation, should have disclosed to Schweitzer and the audience that he has donated money to that foundation. His excuse about it being public record is not a valid one. The fact that he's a donar of the organization he's interviewing about should disqualify him as an objective interviewer.
    I think an investigation would show that many if not most MSM have contributed to the Clinton foundation or any of the other charities of the same type and/or political leanings

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stephanopolis was literally part of the Clinton Administration. He was a Clinton staff member. Why is the donation controversial? Its not exactly shocking or new. He's always been a political operative.

I don't think anyone thinks it's shocking or new. The only thing I'm shocked about is that it's getting any air play from any mainstream sources at all. It *should* be a big deal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think an investigation would show that many if not most MSM have contributed to the Clinton foundation or any of the other charities of the same type and/or political leanings

You know, if it's just donating to a charity, really, who should care? We probably wouldn't be having a discussion about it if the subject of the interview was The United Way. Who hasn't donated to that? But the Clinton Foundation has a lot more political baggage tied to it, least of which is the old bag herself.

Top Bottom