• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Title says it.
    A friend pointed me to this site because he saw they had some BRNO Mausers in .22 Hornet and he knew I was looking.
    I've never heard of Royal Tiger Imports $799.00
    for a Hornet rifle seems a bit much, but I've been told this is a good one.
    BRNO model ZKW 465 Sporting rifle.
    Evidently "found in a warehouse in Ethiopia".

Anyone here have any dealings with them ?
    Good, bad, indifferent...?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Title says it.
    A friend pointed me to this site because he saw they had some BRNO Mausers in .22 Hornet and he knew I was looking.
    I've never heard of Royal Tiger Imports $799.00
    for a Hornet rifle seems a bit much, but I've been told this is a good one.
    BRNO model ZKW 465 Sporting rifle.
    Evidently "found in a warehouse in Ethiopia".

Anyone here have any dealings with them ?
    Good, bad, indifferent...?
    A Hornet that can shoot is gonna cost. I don't know anything about these Hornets, The only 22 Hornets that I have ever seen shoot well are old Kimbers, single shot Coopers, Annies, Browning Micros, 1885's and a few CZ rifles.
    I have a Cooper and a Browning 1885 and I bought my Thing 2 a Browning Micro in 22 Hornet,
    They all shoot well, that said,
    I would be weary on this deal.

What does the internet say with these BRNO's in Hornet.

Reactions: Leo

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've bought from them one time. What I bought was obscenely over priced but at the time they were the only one that had it. So I paid for it and got it within a couple days. I'd say it was an ok experience but I'd probably look elsewhere first

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of their stuff seems to come from "a warehouse in Ethiopia" and a lot of it (especially their Enfields awhile back) is garbage. Stored poorly, lots of rust, etc..

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I've been tempted a few times, especially when they put their B, C, and X grade items on clearance for dirt cheap. However, every review I've ever seen online indicates that most of their "Ethiopian" stuff is a bunch of rusty, cracked garbage rods.

The company is owned by a guy named Uli Wiegand. The adage I've seen online on several occasions says, "Don't be a fooli, don't buy from Uli."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A lot of their stuff seems to come from "a warehouse in Ethiopia" and a lot of it (especially their Enfields awhile back) is garbage. Stored poorly, lots of rust, etc..
    I got one of those carcanos and actually sent it back because the bore was absolutely obliterated. The "last great milsurp find" turned out to mostly be rusted, shot out trash.

ben142266

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Aurora
    Most of their stuff comes from Ethiopia yes. They did have a batch of carcanos that came out of Italian police storage and were in decent condition for RTI. But as others have said, its a gamble, and even then you shouldn't expect to get a pristine gun for cheap. It will be dirty at best, and at worst, you get a cracked stocked, bulged barrel, missing parts and more. But some of the guns they have, are hard to find, and if you win the lottery, I've seen some pretty decent rifles clean up just fine.

Their customer service has started to get better recently I've heard, as well as the way they sell guns. They started listing some guns individually so you know exactly what you're buying as opposed to gambling, but that's mainly on guns that they have a few of or are more valuable, like the lugers they got in a few months back (though those prices are ridiculous).

They also have some restored guns but I haven't heard much about them since they usually charge more than what you can normally find another example for. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom