• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Anyone been camping up at Roush reservoir? If so which campground is the better one for wanting as primitive as possible? I'm thinking Little turtle cause its both close to the lake, and closer to the range than the other campground is. Any opinions? I'm planning on taking my g/f up there this weekend, for some camping, fishing, shooting. :rockwoot:

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    little turtle is great! i've camped there many times with my cub scout troop when i was a kid, and a few times since with buddies as a boy's nite out kinda thing. primitive at little turtle means clean water spigots, pit toilets, and no electricity in the vicinity, at least as per the last time i was there. it's nice.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    never camped there but i did drive thru both sides (North and south ) i didnt care for there lot size and the one's on the norht side most are up on landscape timber with crushed gravel !! but then again no mud!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    We camped out at Little Turtle, did some good hiking, even a nice and rough way down to the lake from off of lakeview trail. Nice thing was my g/f kept up! Even after twisting both of her ankles and not telling me about it till later. We did some fishing and I taught her some ways to cook over the campfire she had never seen before. Of course hobo dinners, eggs in a baggie, and showed her that the coals are hotter than the actual flame. It wasn't what I'd call primitive, for that I'll go out into one of our woods :) But it worked for a nice break. Unfortunately didn't get to the range :( :(

Top Bottom