• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That's the equivalent of saying a Honda Accord with 10k miles on the odometer should be the same price as one with 110k miles. It's gonna be fine till at least 200k miles anyway. but I'll take the one with 190k miles of life on it everything else being equal.

i guess i am under the assumption that you know the price before getting to interested.

my post strictly refered to round count and its effect on the gun.

a caliber like the 6.5x284 can see extream accuracy losses after as little as 1000rds. there for a gun with 900 rounds threw it is worth alot less due to the fact that very soon you will need to rebarrel it.

a glock with 900 rds threw it is worth the same as any used glock because its just getting broke in.

as my earlier post reflected some guns rd count is more important than others

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    i understand why folks would ask that question on a 6.5x284 or another real barrel burner, but i dont see why folks want to know round count of a glock 19.

"well it has 1000 rds thew it so it should be good for about 19000 more"

1000 rounds??? That means it just now getting broke in.

100000 rounds... Time to start looking at the springs and barrel. I wouldn't give $550 for a glock with 100000 round through it either.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    1000 rounds??? That means it just now getting broke in.

100000 rounds... Time to start looking at the springs and barrel. I wouldn't give $550 for a glock with 100000 round through it either.

i wouldn't give 550 for a glock period. esspecially used. for some reason alot of folks think a glock goes up in value after you buy it brand new and go shoot it 100 times.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I know many keep track of rounds fired, or at least claim to. Me, I couldnt even begin to give an accurate count on many of my guns. It is more along the lines of a little or a lot.
    More important to me is how it is taken care of, and what type of ammo is run through it regularly. A 1911 gold cup that has 3000 rounds of cream puff 45 acp target loads though it is probably going to be in better shape than say a Kimber ultra carry that has 3000 rounds of 185gr +P super hot rod ammo through it. How well the barrel is maintained has an affect too, I dont want a gun that has been run with hot cast lead hand loads, and lead left in the bore to the point that a patch comes out covered in lead shavings.

Top Bottom