• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Seriously, why do so many people ask this question?

Me, i have 3 guns that i know exactly how many bullets have went down the tube.. but all my other guns and UNKNOWN! they have been bought, sold, traded, given away and everything else..

and not to mention how many guys are going to be 100% honest in telling you.. i can make up any number and you're gonna buy the gun no matter if you like it or not..

And for the last thing.. if you know ANYTHING about firearms, you can easile disassemble the gun and tell for yourself by the amount of war on the slide, barrel and everything..

Sorry just had to as the question.. "What's the round count?"

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I think for a lot of people, they just want to know the rough count. Not a "I shot 6405 rounds thru it" so much as "I shot several [dozen|hundred|thousand|3.4 million]." Sometimes it make a difference when deciding if you want to buy a gun or not.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    kind of like buying a used car, want to know how many miles are on it.

dont want to pay a new price for a very used gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    But who says he/she is going to be honest.. i understand it can be a helpful, but not necessarily a reliable quesion

Like any question, it depends on who you're asking.

And that's not to say you can't do your own poking around to confirm their statement.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Who? Asks this question? I hang out with a few peeps who talk guns all the time, but I never felt any of them were fixated on "round count".

Just interested in knowing.

Thanks

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    But who says he/she is going to be honest.. i understand it can be a helpful, but not necessarily a reliable quesion

That's a good point. There are no guarantees in this world, but there are people on here that I trust, people I don't trust people I don't know and all shades between.

If I don't know a seller, I look to see if they have any other feedback on them and I check who gave them the feedback. If the feedback is from someone who's opinion I respect, I give it more weight.

Really though, you roll your dice, you take your chances buying used stuff.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    WHY ASK??? because it lets me know if its gonna be worth me meeting for a deal. if i get there and can tell the gun has had several thousand rounds fired when the guy said only 500, im gonna be kinda ****ty! because excessive rounds fired WILL make a difference in the price I will pay for a gun depending on what type of gun it is. barrels do wear out.

Out of the hundred or more transactions I have done here in the INGO classifieds, I have only had about 4 or 5 that were bad or questionable. THATS PRETTY GOOD ODDS!!!! Stick with the classifieds here with reputable sellers, is my advice to everyone.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WHY ASK??? because it lets me know if its gonna be worth me meeting for a deal

Exactly ! I have never been too worried thinking they might not be honest.... I only ask initially to see if the possible deal is worth considering any further. If interested, I give more importance to the over all shape and how the weapon appears to have been cared for anyhow.

Asking aproximate round count and how far a drive for the meet are the first (2) things I will ask.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i understand why folks would ask that question on a 6.5x284 or another real barrel burner, but i dont see why folks want to know round count of a glock 19.

"well it has 1000 rds thew it so it should be good for about 19000 more"

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i understand why folks would ask that question on a 6.5x284 or another real barrel burner, but i dont see why folks want to know round count of a glock 19.

A Glock 19... Whether just 1000 rounds or 19,000 rounds, either way I'd be interested in it. :D I would still ask because I would want an idea as to whether the asking price was fair before I spent anymore time driving to the meet. Saying that though, what I see when I hold it will take priority over any stated round count.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I ask the question, because when I meet them in person and inspect the weapon I will know if they are full of crap or not. I use it as a moral base to draw my opinion on someone in a transaction.

coinman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    I have a log, and record how many boxes of 50 I shot that day. When/if selling, and someone asks, I can tell/show them

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

That's the equivalent of saying a Honda Accord with 10k miles on the odometer should be the same price as one with 110k miles. It's gonna be fine till at least 200k miles anyway. but I'll take the one with 190k miles of life on it everything else being equal.

Top Bottom