• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I'm the proud owner of my grandfathers Winchester Model 71 in the 348. I love taking the old girl out and pulling the trigger. Something about the sound of the 348 bang. Nothing else like it. The problem is that the bang has gotten really expensive and I want to start reload the brass I have to get the cost down. I don't know the first thing about reloading but have a friend that will reload my brass if I provide the dies and other stuff needed for the task. Who would have the best prices and what exactly do I need to purchase to reload 348 Winchester. Thanks.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I buy most of my reloading supplies from either Midway or Natchez. They usually have about the best prices.

Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA

Natchez Shooters Supplies

You already have the brass so you will need dies, primers, powder, and bullets. I have never reloaded for the 348 so I am unable to recommend a powder or bullets. Your friend should have a manual so check it to see what you need. I'm sure someone else here will be able to recommend powder or bullets.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I'm far from a seasoned reloader and know nothing about the 348 but, I would say you are gonna have to get with your friend and put the list together based on his equipment. You will need a trimmer for your brass, dies, possibly a shell holder. Then of course some primers, powder and boolits.
    Midway USA would probably be a good site to start your shopping at. Try to find your primers / powder locally or you will pay a hazmat fee for shipping via online retailers.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I'd start buy purchasing a good informative loading manual like this one from Lyman.
    Of course make sure it contains data for your .348 Winchester caliber. Reloading is a very interesting Hobby and you can get as deep into it as your $$ will let you. The type dies you need is dependent on the brand of loader you'll use so discuss that with your buddy, I'm sure he can give lots of pointers also. The #1 thing as with all things that go BANG is safety first.

Lyman "Reloading Handbook: 49th Edition" Reloading Manual Softcover - MidwayUSA

mcwulf30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    First thing.....the press. I recommend a LEE press. If your just gonna reload for the 348.....get a small bench press. I had a LEE Progresive 1000.....and was way too much for what lil I shot.

Top Bottom