• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I have 2 double stack 16 rnd magazines that came with new Cz 75BD. I just loaded one of them. This may be the third mag I've ever loaded. I have no technique yet and it was hard and got harder with every rnd I managed to slide/push in. I got all 16 in then took the rest of the day off. I'm guessing it gets easier when the spring loosens up a bit. I hope this happens with storing the loaded magazine. My first thought was why don't you load only one thing, the spring mechanism itself. IOW, pour in the ammo, then push the spring plate in from the bottom. Why won't this work as a design? I'm sure my skills will increase as I do this more often, and after I get thumb surgery...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Nothing wrong with using that imho. I take one with me to the range because I'd rather reload quickly and be called a "girly man" than waste the time I paid for standing at the bench reloading.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Nothing wrong with using that imho. I take one with me to the range because I'd rather reload quickly and be called a "girly man" than waste the time I paid for standing at the bench reloading.

Same. Cuts down loading time and saves my fingers. I have one for my handguns and my ar15.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Same. Cuts down loading time and saves my fingers. I have one for my handguns and my ar15.

Wow, just watched a review on Youtube. Looks great. Previous to that I watched a guy demonstrate manual loading and he just zoomed through it. He was the speed loader. My next get!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Uplula works wonders. My Glock 20 mags are horribly stiff; by hand, I could never get in the last round. Not now.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    r u calling me a girlyman?:D

I'm willing to give it a bit more time b4 I cry Upula! Real men and all that.....

If you are an older gentleman with arthritis using a Upula makes you a smart man. Screw what the those that lack life experience think. ;)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    It will get easier over time as the spring loosens up. Store them fully loaded for a week or so, then try it again. My girlfriend could barely get the second round into her LC9 magazines until we let them set for a couple of weeks loaded up.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Either use a speed loader or as my Marine buddies keep telling me "stop acting like a ***** and push the bullets down"

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    +1 for Upula.

Used my Upula between every stage at Friday Night Steel last night. Quick, easy, and I never felt like a "girlyman" ... it also gave me more time to chat with others. I believe in the work smarter, not harder approach.

(And who's gonna make fun of a person with a loaded weapon?!) :):

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    +1 for Upula.
    I believe in the work smarter, not harder approach.

I remember that (management) slogan @ work. Then someone suggested you could do both. That's when I retired.....:D

I'm considering mentioning this toy to my daughter for father's day.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Ruger MKII mags use a miniscule follower button and a heavy duty railroad car spring to power the follower.I have heard there is a device to make loading these mags. easier.Anybody know of this device?

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Once I have the first round in, I push it down using the thumb on the hand that is holding the mag. This reduces the amount of force required by your other hand that is pushing the new round into the mag. Works for me, and I've never felt the need to use a mag loader.

FYI, mag springs will loosen up a bit after awhile. It's not due to storing them loaded, but due to repeated compressions of the spring.

Top Bottom