• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    She supports the Patriot Act and the never ending wars. Yeah, Paul is a long shot, but that's beside the point. Like I stated before, I refuse to vote for a candidate who is going to advocate a bigger, more powerful federal government. All of these Republicans who "conservative" people like so much are treasonous, lying snakes.

Never stated I "like" any of them. But living the World of Reality as I do if I have a choice of someone who might keep running up the debt by say.... $1 trillion as opposed to someone who HAS run up the debt by what $7-8 trillion in less than 3 years, and has plans to run it up MUCH more, I'll vote for the former.

Baby steps, baby steps we have to start somewhere, and expecting or hoping a non starter who will never be elected to suddenly fix everything is nuts IMO. Personally I believe by voting Obama out, and adding the mood of most intelligent voters it will begin, and I say begin to send the message we all want them to hear. Can't keep sticking with the all or nothing attitude, because in life that rarely if ever solves anything.

Obama gone will "not be the beginning of the end, but only the end of the beginning".

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baby steps, baby steps we have to start somewhere, and expecting or hoping a non starter who will never be elected to suddenly fix everything is nuts IMO. Personally I believe by voting Obama out, and adding the mood of most intelligent voters it will begin, and I say begin to send the message we all want them to hear. Can't keep sticking with the all or nothing attitude, because in life that rarely if ever solves anything.

Baby steps toward the same destination. The only difference between baby steps in the wrong direction and bigger steps is the generation that will have to solve the problems. :twocents:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Never stated I "like" any of them. But living the World of Reality as I do if I have a choice of someone who might keep running up the debt by say.... $1 trillion as opposed to someone who HAS run up the debt by what $7-8 trillion in less than 3 years, and has plans to run it up MUCH more, I'll vote for the former.

Obama gone will "not be the beginning of the end, but only the end of the beginning".

I'm not having an all or nothing attitude. I just realize there's very little difference between the Republicans and Democrats at this point. They talk different, but they don't act that different. Do you really think Sarah Palin would run up the debt less than Obama? That's a possibility, but I sure as hell wouldn't make a bet on it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Almost any numbskull can occupy the White House. The Key is locking down the Congress, both houses, with Fiscally conservative, socially libertarian representatives. Likely to happen? Of course not. But a stronger hold on the legislature presents a far greater possibility of righting our current ills than whatever jacka** occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'm not having an all or nothing attitude. I just realize there's very little difference between the Republicans and Democrats at this point. They talk different, but they don't act that different. Do you really think Sarah Palin would run up the debt less than Obama? That's a possibility, but I sure as hell wouldn't make a bet on it.

But you appear to have the all or nothing attitude.:dunno: You seem to be saying "I want it ALL fixed, and I want it done NOW, and if you don't fix EVERYTHING I believe needs fixed, I will just pick my toys up and go home". Protest voting solves nothing, and is IMO just like sitting out the game on the bench.

I will agree there isn't alot of difference between the two, but there is some. Enough for me at least to not IMO throw away my vote by voting for a known non winner, and then continuing to complain about the state of everything.

As far as Palin or whomever, NO ONE has spent as much money as Obama, so there is no reason OR proof to believe Palin or whoever wins will. Instead of making up excuses as to why not to vote for someone, maybe some should start looking for reasons to vote for someone. And yes, they ALL will have warts, INCLUDING Paul.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ann Coulter's point being, as she has written before, that how will it be ensured that cousins or siblings do not marry and who will solemnize the marriage, your tennis coach.

Seriously, comparing incest to gay marriage is about as dumb as it gets. Coulter is a kook, just like all the pundits who are so one sided. Most Americans fall somewhere in the middle, the hard left and hard right are what has gotten us into the mess we are in.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    But you appear to have the all or nothing attitude.:dunno: You seem to be saying "I want it ALL fixed, and I want it done NOW, and if you don't fix EVERYTHING I believe needs fixed, I will just pick my toys up and go home". Protest voting solves nothing, and is IMO just like sitting out the game on the bench.

I will agree there isn't alot of difference between the two, but there is some. Enough for me at least to not IMO throw away my vote by voting for a known non winner, and then continuing to complain about the state of everything.

As far as Palin or whomever, NO ONE has spent as much money as Obama, so there is no reason OR proof to believe Palin or whoever wins will. Instead of making up excuses as to why not to vote for someone, maybe some should start looking for reasons to vote for someone. And yes, they ALL will have warts, INCLUDING Paul.

You obviously don't understand how much I disagree with Gary Johnson on some issues, as well as Ron Paul, but I'm still considering voting for them. Why? Because they have much better track records at doing what they say they'll do, and in general, what they say they'll do is what I want to happen. The rest of the GOP has the habit of saying what I want to hear them say, and then not following through. If you want to vote for a big government candidate go for it, but count me out.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    She scares the crap out of me because people buy the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I don't understand what makes her so qualified, she quit her last job because it was stressful. :rolleyes:

I'm certain you wouldnt be criticizing her for staying on to show how tough she was even though that paralyzed her adminstration and caused her associates and friend's legal bills to skyrocket to nearly bankrupting them levels.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm certain you wouldnt be criticizing her for staying on to show how tough she was even though that paralyzed her adminstration and caused her associates and friend's legal bills to skyrocket to nearly bankrupting them levels.

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be in purple lol. I would be criticizing her then too, but not for being a quitter. That just gave me one more thing to criticize her for.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This election will again come down to the lesser of the evils. We will never get a candidate that wants what is best for America. they will always push their own career and agenda before the good of the nation. Case in point: BHO sending troops to Libya. In no way does that benefit the US.

Im all for pulling our troops out from, well pretty much everywhere in the middle east.

I'm all for pulling the troops out of pretty much everywhere that isn't the US. Obviously keep troops in the DMZ, PCZ and in NATO allied countries, but other than that, there's no need to have troops stationed anywhere outside the US when we aren't in a state of war.

Funny how the "war on terror" is not an official war, yet the president gets to use the war powers resolution to justify stuff for a not-war.:n00b:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I'm not sure if this was supposed to be in purple lol. I would be criticizing her then too, but not for being a quitter. That just gave me one more thing to criticize her for.

So no matter what she did you would criticize her. I figured as much.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    As a Ron Paul kool-aid drinker, I chuckle at how many people on a "gun" board marginalize him. Yes let's paint him into a corner, he's a kook. The talking head conservatives don't want our country's ill's solved, they need material.

Get the five people you know who share your values but don't vote to get off their dead asses and vote for RP.

As this country sucks it's last breath at least I can say I voted for the best choice, even if he's not the most electable.

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Fishers
    "Get the five people you know who share your values but don't vote to get off their dead asses and vote for RP."

Boiled Owl

I second that, but I stop with get off their dead asses and vote. The problem with all of this only 20% of the population care enough to research and develop their own thoughts on politics...rathar than just regurgitate what they heard on tv...

The other 80% vote for who will give them more...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First step IMO is to get rid of Obama.

Haha it's funny because you seem to really think there were worthwhile differences between Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, & Almost-Clinton (Obama).

Isn't firehawk just precious guys?

I'm tired of seeing you guys fight over which end you should be raping liberty from. :rolleyes:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My next response, "what does marriage have to do with birth defects?"

Exactly...but afaik, that is one of the historical excuses for controlling who can marry who...because cousins apparently have a 2% increased chance of having children with congenital birth defects. Sounds like a great reason to restrict liberty to me... :rolleyes:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    So no matter what she did you would criticize her. I figured as much.

No. I said it wouldn't matter if she hadn't quit her job as governor of Alaska. If she were truly about liberty then I would vote for her. If the Patriot Act or her stance on marriage was the only count against her, I would vote for her. However, her whole track record is a count against her. It's horrible. She was known as the Earmark Queen as governor of Alaska, she left them in debt up to their eyeballs (you know, kind of like Obama), she then quit her job, because people were suing her and "bankrupting her state" even though she'd already put them on that path. On top of that, All I ever do is hear her complain about how much she is victimized by the press, and I've seen her argue herself into a corner when she was answering questions from people who were sucking up to her. I could go on with this, but I think you get the point. Palin is a female Obama, who is a black Bush, who is Clinton who can't say nuclear right. :ranton:

Top Bottom