• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Yup, maybe there will finally be a president candidate that I can truely support. Who knows, it hasn't happened for me yet.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Rand is a nonstarter. I expect to see Christie v. Biden.

Just imagine the debates! :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Paul-Johnson ticket hopefully.

I have little hope of the GOP getting it's head out of it's own ass in a scant 4 years though....

Can't imagine the money lining up behind them, but that would be a breath of fresh air.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Time to prep for a 2016 victory. Rand Paul. Get behind some liberty this time.

Oh yea right, Ron Paul. According to Obama ads, which were apparently entirely effective, Romney is an "extreme conservative", because he believes in cutting spending, and lowering taxes, etc. etc. So if the minorities are put off by that, then how the would a libertarian have a chance?

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Oh yea right, Ron Paul. According to Obama ads, which were apparently entirely effective, Romney is an "extreme conservative", because he believes in cutting spending, and lowering taxes, etc. etc. So if the minorities are put off by that, then how the would a libertarian have a chance?

Romney could accurately be portrayed in OFA ads as an extreme conservative because Romney portrayed himself as such to pander to the tea party element of the RP in order to get the nomination. That he subsequently attempted to pretend he had been a moderate fiscal conservative all along doesn't erase his previous words. There were many faces of Willard this campaign cycle, and I don't blame anyone for their confusion as to which was "real."

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Romney could accurately be portrayed in OFA ads as an extreme conservative because Romney portrayed himself as such to pander to the tea party element of the RP in order to get the nomination. That he subsequently attempted to pretend he had been a moderate fiscal conservative all along doesn't erase his previous words. There were many faces of Willard this campaign cycle, and I don't blame anyone for their confusion as to which was "real."

I highly doubt Willard knows which is the real Willard anymore. I understand you've got to play the audiences but in the days of Youtube and such, it is really hard to pretend you have principles when you've gone on record playing it up for just about everyone.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I highly doubt Willard knows which is the real Willard anymore. I understand you've got to play the audiences but in the days of Youtube and such, it is really hard to pretend you have principles when you've gone on record playing it up for just about everyone.

I don't care for the man, but I do feel for him. It must be frustrating to repeatedly abandon your beliefs in order to be electable only to ultimately fail.

Oh well. I guess he can go stew about it in his mansion. The guy doesn't have it that hard.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A lot of people rejected Romney because he was bought and paid for, filled his staff with Bush advisers, a warmonger, supported prohibition, pro-Patriot Act, pro-torture, wanted to send even MORE troops overseas, terrible on civil liberties, anti-gun, etc.

A libertarian is not some extreme version of Mitt Romney. You'd be surprised how liberty* can appeal to both sides of the false paradigm.

* By liberty, I'm not talking about Establishment Republicanism.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

You're right in that he had to pander to his base, but EVERY politician does this. I frankly don't see why everyone acts like he is a bigger flip flopper than anyone else, except that campaign ads slandered him as such. Add in that he came from a Democratic majority state, and that he had to work for his constituency, and you know that he had to be very moderate. It is proof that he can get things done with both crowds, and is a statesman. Quite the opposite of Obama, who takes a condescending hard left approach to pander to his base, regardless of his constituency.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    You're right in that he had to pander to his base, but EVERY politician does this. I frankly don't see why everyone acts like he is a bigger flip flopper than anyone else, except that campaign ads slandered him as such. Add in that he came from a Democratic majority state, and that he had to work for his constituency, and you know that he had to be very moderate. It is proof that he can get things done with both crowds, and is a statesman. Quite the opposite of Obama, who takes a condescending hard left approach to pander to his base, regardless of his constituency.

Just like poor Gary Johnson. He whored himself to the whims of the Democrat majority state he governed.

Quick question. How is it pandering to one's base if you are running to be Republican presidential nominee and they throw support behind they Brady Bill and other federal gun control issues? Bragging up healthcare mandates for the nation?

If that isn't hard left of the republican base, I don't know what is.

Re your comments about flip flopping...
    Anyone who doesn't think Romney couldn't give John Kerry a run for his money in a race for town weather vane is ignoring reality.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    If Christie is still a Republican by 2016...:dunno:

Are you expecting his party to eject him based on his refusal to politicize Sandy? That was the only laudable act I've ever seen on Gov. Christie's part, and it would fit perfectly into my perception of the Republican party if they rewarded him for concentrating on his constituents' interests by disowning him.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If Christie is still a Republican by 2016...:dunno:

I normally don't pay much attention to things New Jersey so it had been awhile since I'd seen Christie. If he keeps getting bigger, I'm not sure he'll still be around by 2016. He looks like he'd be breathing hard from eating a Twinkie and not because he is excited.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I normally don't pay much attention to things New Jersey so it had been awhile since I'd seen Christie. If he keeps getting bigger, I'm not sure he'll still be around by 2016. He looks like he'd be breathing hard from eating a Twinkie and not because he is excited.

Be careful commenting on the weight of even the morbidly obese. This is a forum that venerates bacon as a deity.

Seriously though, I imagine we'll start seeing some weight loss if he decides to make a run (a sweaty, winded stagger) at the Oval Office.

Top Bottom