• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I voted for Paul and there are some of his supporters on here i'd like to punch in the head like the old man in the article did...... i can see how it could happen face to face :D

Jake

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I voted for Paul and there are some of his supporters on here i'd like to punch in the head like the old man in the article did...... i can see how it could happen face to face :D

Jake

The old guy was right in what he did. Those pro-Paul delegates should have just shut up and went home once they realized those running the convention wasn't going to be run by the actual pre-defined rules. I personally wish someone would have punched that lady who starts talking in the video at 1 minutes 45 seconds into the video.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    You'll have to forgive me i clicked the link and read but didnt see a video. Will check later when not on phone. The article didnt say much

Jake

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    The old guy was right in what he did. Those pro-Paul delegates should have just shut up and went home once they realized those running the convention wasn't going to be run by the actual pre-defined rules. I personally wish someone would have punched that lady who starts talking in the video at 1 minutes 45 seconds into the video.

Yeah you're right. When a government function is being obviously manipulated we sheep should just go home...:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Yeah you're right. When a government function is being obviously manipulated we sheep should just go home...:rolleyes:

Sorry, my purple is broken.

The funniest thing about everyone who is complaining Ron Paul not giving up yet is that former RNC Chairman Michael Steele apparently worked hard to change national rules to increase the likelihood of a brokered convention.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't care if RP hangs in until the convention or beyond; I just wish some of his followers didn't feel obligated to act like *******s in his support.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's not like civility works.

I suppose it depends upon your definition of "works". I don't subscribe to the notion that "nice guys finish last" any more than I subscribe to the notion that "violence never solves anything", but I prefer to listen to reasoned arguments rather than name-calling and shouting (even though I can be provoked into doing such things). I just don't think that adults should behave that way when trying to effect change in someone else.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I suppose it depends upon your definition of "works". I don't subscribe to the notion that "nice guys finish last" any more than I subscribe to the notion that "violence never solves anything", but I prefer to listen to reasoned arguments rather than name-calling and shouting (even though I can be provoked into doing such things). I just don't think that adults should behave that way when trying to effect change in someone else.

Well. From my experience you make these reasoned arguments, back them up with sources, and put forth your opinion. Then the people who read it completely ignore your sources and reasons, spout off misinformation that you just proved was inaccurate with your sources, and then make some snarky comment about how RP supporters are mindless, or rabid, or stupid, or are close-minded, etc.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't see how RP supporters are stupid or close-minded. Is it because we have the audacity to not vote for the guy who lost to the guy who lost to Obama? Is it because we hate Obamacare so much that we refuse to vote for the guy who authored it? Maybe it's just because we're tired of having to chose between the stupid candidate vs. the evil candidate come election day. Maybe it's because we refuse to believe that the only two options out of a recession are "tax and spend" or "borrow and spend". But maybe, just maybe, we're right. That would mean that multiple wars overseas do destroy lives and make our nation poorer and poorer. That would mean that social security will one day bankrupt our nation's youth. That would mean that one day, if things do not change, our children will be enslaved on the very continent their ancestors conquered.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Well. From my experience you make these reasoned arguments, back them up with sources, and put forth your opinion. Then the people who read it completely ignore your sources and reasons, spout off misinformation that you just proved was inaccurate with your sources, and then make some snarky comment about how RP supporters are mindless, or rabid, or stupid, or are close-minded, etc.

You forgot the part where the sources quoted don't actually say what you say they say, are not credible at any level on the surface, are refutable with other evidence, and are followed up with statements that those that don't support Ron Paul are mindless, stupid, liberty-hating, statist pigs, etc.

Liberty != Ron Paul

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You forgot the part where the sources quoted don't actually say what you say they say, are not credible at any level on the surface, are refutable with other evidence, and are followed up with statements that those that don't support Ron Paul are mindless, stupid, liberty-hating, statist pigs, etc.

Liberty != Ron Paul
    Yup!! :yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

Liberty != Ron Paul

Yup X2!:yesway: Although you forgot treasonous snake.:D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ... and are followed up with statements that those that don't support Ron Paul are mindless, stupid, liberty-hating, statist pigs, etc.

Says the guy who has accused me of being a libtarded p***y who "Blames America First and Hates America Most", while living in my mother's basement, while doing drugs and voting for "Losertarians."

Yup!! We know how you disapprove of ad hominem attacks. You're a real example of what civil discourse should look like. :rolleyes:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Says the guy who has accused me of being a libtarded p***y who "Blames America First and Hates America Most", while living in my mother's basement, while doing drugs and voting for "Losertarians."

Yup!! We know how you disapprove of ad hominem attacks. You're a real example of what civil discourse should look like. :rolleyes:

Truth is a defense.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The irony is thick when Mr. Ad Hominem himself gets bent out of shape because people aren't respecting his character.

Carry on.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't see how RP supporters are stupid or close-minded. Is it because we have the audacity to not vote for the guy who lost to the guy who lost to Obama? Is it because we hate Obamacare so much that we refuse to vote for the guy who authored it? Maybe it's just because we're tired of having to chose between the stupid candidate vs. the evil candidate come election day. Maybe it's because we refuse to believe that the only two options out of a recession are "tax and spend" or "borrow and spend". But maybe, just maybe, we're right. That would mean that multiple wars overseas do destroy lives and make our nation poorer and poorer. That would mean that social security will one day bankrupt our nation's youth. That would mean that one day, if things do not change, our children will be enslaved on the very continent their ancestors conquered.

OMG, did anybody else just catch that? :rofl:

If Romney loses to Obama you will have done exactly that. :laugh:

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    OMG, did anybody else just catch that? :rofl:

If Romney loses to Obama you will have done exactly that. :laugh:

Fair enough. Go ahead and vote for the guy who flip flops as fast as he can, served (poorly) as a single-term Massachusetts governor, and is the same war-mongering spend-thrift politician. If Romney wins the election, I'll try and act surprised when the 2016 election slogans read, "Anyone but Romney".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fair enough. Go ahead and vote for the guy who flip flops as fast as he can, served (poorly) as a single-term Massachusetts governor, and is the same war-mongering spend-thrift politician. If Romney wins the election, I'll try and act surprised when the 2016 election slogans read, "Anyone but Romney".

Awww, the newb is a newb at internet fun.

ETA: you see that? That stupid logic rearing it's ugly head again? Don't you guys have anything new?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom