• ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Romney at the NRA Convention

It's going to be a tough sell. His record tells a different story. He's still better than Barack Hussein on the topic but gun owners won't trip over themselves getting to the polls to vote for Romney.....

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If the man would have just stated that he did the best he could with the long time political structure in respect to gun rights in Massachusetts, that would have gone a fair distance in repairing the disconnect he has with gun owners.

The man will ride the fence to lose both sides.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess it all boils down to who you wanna take your chances with in the next election regarding the 2nd amendment.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I thought we all knew that both he an Obama are running for gun salesman of the year award.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If it doesn't reach his desk, he can't sign it...
    He had a majority in congress starting out and nothing was even sent to him. Now that there's gridlock, even when he's re-elected he'll be unlikely to receive anything. Gun control is pretty much off the table with his administration. No dem can sign on to it or their election chances will go up in smoke.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    How is he "better?" What anti-gun legislation has President Obama ever signed?

Barack Hussein will have nothing to lose on any topic once the 2012 election is over. If he wins, he will bypass Congress on nearly every topic. I'd rather take my chances with Romney and a GOP-controlled Congress (we should have both chambers.)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Barack Hussein will have nothing to lose on any topic once the 2012 election is over. If he wins, he will bypass Congress on nearly every topic. I'd rather take my chances with Romney and a GOP-controlled Congress (we should have both chambers.)

These fears were heightened after his whispered conversation with Medvedev was revealed. He made it clear that he felt restrained by reelection fears during this first term.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If his agenda is so important, why didn't he implement it in his first 4 years, especially if it will only take 4 years to do it? Why would he wait and risk losing out on implementing his agenda in the event he doesn't get reelected? He could have just bypassed congress and done it all already.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Mitt Romney's signed this 2004 piece of Massachusetts legislation just before the national AWB was about to expire.

"Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1bJOpYUqE&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

A GOP sweep of both houses plus the presidency scares me far more than another 4 years of Obama with a Republican congress.

sonny27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Carmel
    Voting for Romney to protect your gun rights would be like hiring a convicted thief to house sit for you when you're on vacation.

What relevance does your analogy have in regards to my post stating Obama never had a chance to sign gun control legislation?

I was answering a question, what's your motive behind your post?

Do you support Obama?

sonny27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Carmel
    He had a majority in congress starting out and nothing was even sent to him. Now that there's gridlock, even when he's re-elected he'll be unlikely to receive anything. Gun control is pretty much off the table with his administration. No dem can sign on to it or their election chances will go up in smoke.

I realize he had a majority in congress and nothing was sent to him. If you read the post I was replying to, you would see I was answering a question. If gun control legislation reached his desk he would sign it, not question about it.

"IF" he gets re-elected, the concern isn't necessarily gun control legislation. It's SCOTUS vacancies.

Top Bottom