• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

romney appears to believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land... with exceptions of course!

Can somebody point out to me the section of the Second Amendment that says "as long as the arms are of a "permitted" type? Or the section that says "as long as the citizen passes a background check"? How about the part that says, "as long as the citizen passes a training course"? Or "has a state issued license"?

romney must have a different draft of the Constitution than do I.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I know I might be in the minority on this but I really wish the National RIFLE Association would stop being the National REPUBLICAN Association. The second amendment doesn't recognize party affiliations.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know I might be in the minority on this but I really wish the National RIFLE Association would stop being the National REPUBLICAN Association. The second amendment doesn't recognize party affiliations.

Good point. I would add that when we had a seemingly perfect 6 year window of opportunity, all we heard from the NRA was 'enforce the existing laws' [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] all of which actually needed repealed, and from the GOP the NRA supported, all we heard was crickets.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The republicans who were silent when Bush grew government and rail against Obama every chance they get?

See, this is what happens when reading is limited to Mother Jones and the Nation.

Everyday, in may ways, while Bush was president there were articles in mainstream conservative publications and websites that were condemning the out of control spending he was leading us to. That, indeed, is why the tea partiers got their start... in reaction to Republican spending.

Leave rewriting history to the "authorized journalists" who can do a much better job at slanting the facts into the liberal favor.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Lots of folk here who don't understand that the choice is not always between good and bad. Sometimes it is between bad and even worse.

If they choose "even worse" then they get what they want. Simple.

And BTW, the real choice isn't "who I want for president" but is actually "who will be president."

If you're content, by your actions whatever they may be, to have Obama be the next president then don't come to us whining about what he does after the election.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I could also point out that a truck bomb is an omnidirectional weapon which does not fit with the damage, and that questions are further raised by the combination of the government's haste to raze the remains of the building and the even fortuitously happening right before the vote on Clinton's then-highly troubled 'crime bill'.

Very interesting points you have there. If people really decide to look in to Oklahoma City they may be surprised what they find out. I am not saying I believe the whole Alex Jones conspiracy thing, but it is definitely interesting to say the least. For me it is hard to believe the government could do such a thing, but after listening and watching evidence. . . . . :dunno:

Sorry, back on topic. :D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lots of folk here who don't understand that the choice is not always between good and bad. Sometimes it is between bad and even worse.

If they choose "even worse" then they get what they want. Simple.

And BTW, the real choice isn't "who I want for president" but is actually "who will be president."

If you're content, by your actions whatever they may be, to have Obama be the next president then don't come to us whining about what he does after the election.

And if you're voting for big government statist #1 in your efforts to defeat big government statist #2, I don't want to hear any whining about him being a big government statist and his expanding the government and further curtailing our rights after the election.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    And if you're voting for big government statist #1 in your efforts to defeat big government statist #2, I don't want to hear any whining about him being a big government statist and his expanding the government and further curtailing our rights after the election.

You never took welfare and know nothing about having to take it so never talk about those that have to take it again.

You never drove a semi so never talk about semis or semi drivers!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You never took welfare and know nothing about having to take it so never talk about those that have to take it again.

You never drove a semi so never talk about semis or semi drivers!

What does welfare or driving a truck have to do with what I said?

You've never been President or held a seat in Congress or worked for the IRS so never talk about the federal government or tax issues again.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

The concept of voting for a smaller "big govt. statist" to avoid a massive "big govt. statist" in the office eludes you.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The concept of voting for a smaller "big govt. statist" to avoid a massive "big govt. statist" in the office eludes you.

The fact that, in the long run it doesn't matter eludes YOU. I've voted in every election since 1984. And look where it's gotten us. All you're doing is prolonging the inevitable.

So go ahead and vote for big government statist #1 and pretend you're doing the right thing. Give yourself a hearty pat on the back when he wins.

You're only fooling yourself.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The fact that, in the long run it doesn't matter eludes YOU. I've voted in every election since 1984. And look where it's gotten us. All you're doing is prolonging the inevitable.

So go ahead and vote for big government statist #1 and pretend you're doing the right thing. Give yourself a hearty pat on the back when he wins.

You're only fooling yourself.

At the risk of appearing vain by quoting myself... let me quote myself...

"And BTW, the real choice isn't "who I want for president" but is actually "who will be president.""

I wonder how much of a "pat on the back" jb will give himself when he helps "statist #2" win the election?

So be it...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

"And BTW, the real choice isn't "who I want for president" but is actually "who will be president.""

I wonder how much of a "pat on the back" jb will give himself when he helps "statist #2" win the election?

So be it...

I'll pat myself on the back for voting for what I believe in, instead of choosing a plate of elephant dung over a plate of donkey dung.

As long as people keep taking YOUR view, nothing will EVER change for the better. Ever.

Enjoy your plate of dung.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    He has passed a AWB in Massachusetts. I don't trust him. You can take my AR when you pry it from my still warm dead hands

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I'll pat myself on the back for voting for what I believe in, instead of choosing a plate of elephant dung over a plate of donkey dung.

As long as people keep taking YOUR view, nothing will EVER change for the better. Ever.

Enjoy your plate of dung.

If you "believe in" helping biggest government statist #2 to the Oval Office then go for it. I won't stand in your way.

Top Bottom