• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I'm not planning on trading in the RIA, but I did go back and get the GP 100.

IMG_1756.jpg

Told ya it was purty! :D

You sure didn't lie, man that is a SWEEEETTTT looking gun!!!

Your killing me though, I have a rather large list of want guns and now there is one more on it :draw:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Always give the manufacturer a chance to make it right. 9 times out of 10 you will end up a satisfied customer.

My Rock Island 1911 runs ball and hollow points just fine.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Betcha it'll be half that.

Don't be surprised if they send back an extra ACT mag and some SWAG (pens, stickers, decals, etc.).

Exactly like JetGirl said. My buddy had a RIA that kept losing the front sight and he sent it in for service. They not only provided him with a new sight, they welded it in, they also gave him a new firing pin, a new ejection pin and a new spring. The best part was the SWAG they sent back with it, three stickers and I got one of them!!!

Definitely give them a holler and they will do you right!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Always give the manufacturer a chance to make it right. 9 times out of 10 you will end up a satisfied customer.

My Rock Island 1911 runs ball and hollow points just fine. 10 Hours Ago 07:25

I agree, and I'm hoping mine will do the same when I get it back. :)

Exactly like JetGirl said. My buddy had a RIA that kept losing the front sight and he sent it in for service. They not only provided him with a new sight, they welded it in, they also gave him a new firing pin, a new ejection pin and a new spring. The best part was the SWAG they sent back with it, three stickers and I got one of them!!!

Definitely give them a holler and they will do you right!

They've got the gun now. It arrived at Armscor late this morning. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Betcha it'll be half that.

Don't be surprised if they send back an extra ACT mag and some SWAG (pens, stickers, decals, etc.).

Got the gun back today (tomorrow would have been 5 weeks). No extra mag, no SWAG... they must like you better. :(

Hoping to get to the range today to see how they did.

Here's what they said they did:
    New Recoil Spring
    Reliability Tune
    Reramped for hollowpoints
    Lubed
    Test fired 3 mags FMJ & Hollowpoints
    Cleaned

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    It states in the owners manual that they are designed to shoot ball ammo, however I sent my to parumph nv and now it shoots everything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It states in the owners manual that they are designed to shoot ball ammo, however I sent my to parumph nv and now it shoots everything.
    I guess I never noticed that. And truth be told, I could live with only using ball ammo, but it will be nice to have the option to use HP. But I REALLY wanted pens and stickers dammit! :tantrum:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I just picked up a RI 22TCM with 9MM barrel. Tried the 9MM setup Sunday at ITP and it was flawless and a tack driver. Fed hollow points and ball without issue.
    I'll ring out the 22 TCM next.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back from ITP, and the gun is perfect now! :rockwoot: HP and FMJ, and even my lead round nose reloads all worked with only one hang up, but that was with one of my reloads and it was with the stock ACT mag. Ran 2 mags of HP, 3 of FMJ and 50 rounds of my reloads. I'm happy! :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I never noticed that. And truth be told, I could live with only using ball ammo, but it will be nice to have the option to use HP. But I REALLY wanted pens and stickers dammit! :tantrum:

You have got to get your priority's in order and stick with them....Yeah, free stuff.........:D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You have got to get your priority's in order and stick with them....Yeah, free stuff.........:D
    While free stuff would have been nice, I've got to admit I'm pretty darned tickled to have it back and working smoothly. It was always an accurate pistol when it wasn't jamming. I need to pick up some hollowpoint bullets to load.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not to rub it in but I sent my Compact in to have extraction/ejection problems fixed. I got it back in a little over 3 weeks working perfectly. They installed new checkered grips and threw in a free ACT mag. No problem with hp either.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/236056-bad_day_at_the_range.html

I had already installed new checkered grips, and I also sent along a Chip McCormick and a Wilson Combat mag for them to function test... maybe that made them mad at me. :):

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I had to send my CS in twice. Both times it was returned in 3 weeks or less. The goodies I got the second time were 2 stickers, a pen, and a washcloth with the RI logo. - Not rubbin it in!

Top Bottom