• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a RIA 1911 in 10mm, loved it just wasn't overly impressed with it. Was sweet because it was a 10mm and not the price of a delta elite! Ended up trading it for a springfield GI model, sweet shooting gun and 10mm is a little hard to find and expensive!

I am building (with the able assistance of AllenM of course) a custom 2011 in 10mm.
    Have found some good ammo at fair enough prices.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I bought a GI model RIA long ago. It ran fine after I took some material off of the barrel link pin. It was making the pistol hang up and not go to battery. I liked it just fine, but I never fell in love with it. It was kind of like a commuter car. It served a purpose. I ended up selling it one lean winter to pay the rent, and never regretted it. Better guns were in my future.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok...I will chime in on this one. Yes I know where Churchmouse stands on this subject as we had a nice talk about it in a parking lot a bit ago. (How is the flooring going?)

I have still been looking at the RIA but not for a standard 1911 platform. I age with everyone out there that if you are going to get a standard 1911 single stack there are better options out there for just a little bit more money. That being said I have had my eye on the TCM-22 model. Not so much for the TCM-22 round but the fact that you also get the 9mm barrel and springs in the set. This is the CHEAPEST 2011 double stack I have been able to find. If you are wanting to get into some shooting sports with a double stack 1911 design 2011 frame this is the cheapest one I have found....oh and the TCM-22 is fun shoot also!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok...I will chime in on this one. Yes I know where Churchmouse stands on this subject as we had a nice talk about it in a parking lot a bit ago. (How is the flooring going?)

I have still been looking at the RIA but not for a standard 1911 platform. I age with everyone out there that if you are going to get a standard 1911 single stack there are better options out there for just a little bit more money. That being said I have had my eye on the TCM-22 model. Not so much for the TCM-22 round but the fact that you also get the 9mm barrel and springs in the set. This is the CHEAPEST 2011 double stack I have been able to find. If you are wanting to get into some shooting sports with a double stack 1911 design 2011 frame this is the cheapest one I have found....oh and the TCM-22 is fun shoot also!

The floor is installed and it is great. Happy wife....:)

I have a TCM and it tried to kill me.
    I also understand you may have feed issues with the 9mm side of that gun.
    I do really enjoy shooting it now that I have it running properly. The fireballs off the muzzle are seriously sweet.

As with any RIA just know you have a 50/50 chance at success. I see they have stepped up their game and putting a better product on the shelf.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I do really enjoy shooting it now that I have it running properly. The fireballs off the muzzle are seriously sweet.

As with any RIA just know you have a 50/50 chance at success. I see they have stepped up their game and putting a better product on the shelf.
    Hard not to like fireballs. TCM is way cool.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Borrowed a friend's TCM-22 and swapped it over to 9mm. Ran 50 through it without a problem. Five shot groups all touching at 10 yards....I can say for the price I was impressed. Wish I could order it at a discount with the 9mm only.

Hey Churchmouse....I have read you have to order mags specifically for the TCM-22 or the slide stop doesn't work? What kind of mags are you running?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Borrowed a friend's TCM-22 and swapped it over to 9mm. Ran 50 through it without a problem. Five shot groups all touching at 10 yards....I can say for the price I was impressed. Wish I could order it at a discount with the 9mm only.

Hey Churchmouse....I have read you have to order mags specifically for the TCM-22 or the slide stop doesn't work? What kind of mags are you running?

I bought the RIA offerings for mine.
    Darned salty.

Top Bottom