• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I too have read very good reviews of the Rock Island pistols, here and at other forums. I have yet to see one in any of the shops in NW Indiana. The Officer Model appeals to me.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I have several RIAs. Considering the $$, they are all pretty good deals. Any extra 2-3 bills won't buy you much but a name.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've had my RIA GI for about 6 months now.
    So far I've put approximately 3500 rounds through it without any major malfunctions.
    I shoot it right along beside my Springfield.
    I trust the RIA enough to carry it on occasion.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    This isn't quite on topic, and probably won't win me a lot of friends, but I would take an RIA over a Kimber Just because it doesn't have that hideous Kimber logo on the side of it. The RIA markings look like something that belong on a gun, and are vaguely reminiscent of the imagery of WWII, but the Kimber logo looks like it should have some daisies or hearts or something similar surrounding it. I do care about the aesthetics of my firearms, and everyone else does, whether they like to admit it or not :dunno:

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    i loved my RIA 1911 and will probably get another sometime soon

get it if you cant afford the springfield and if you can get that haha

-zack-

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    curious but how come some RIA's parkerized finishes don't match up with the slide and frame where others do? i saw a few at ludco and at a local pawn shop that the finishes matched up fine, where as one i saw at a gun show in muncie they had one that the finish on the frame looked lighter then on the slide, do they have different guns with different finishes or is it just a lighting thing? on the RIAS i saw at ludco awhile back and the one's at the muncie pawn shop they had a matte grey parkerized finish.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    +1 For RIA Customer Service

RIA has outstanding service. I bought my Tactical from PSS and after a couple of weeks had a minor cosmetic issue with the factory mag. I called them to order a new one and not only did they send it to me for FREE (they even paid the postage!!) but they also sent extra grip screws and bushings! As soon as PSS gets a Compact Tactical in, it's going home with me! :+1:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    curious but how come some RIA's parkerized finishes don't match up with the slide and frame where others do? i saw a few at ludco and at a local pawn shop that the finishes matched up fine, where as one i saw at a gun show in muncie they had one that the finish on the frame looked lighter then on the slide, do they have different guns with different finishes or is it just a lighting thing? on the RIAS i saw at ludco awhile back and the one's at the muncie pawn shop they had a matte grey parkerized finish.

Dont quote me on this, but i believe its because the parkerize the slide and the frame a differant times... Parkerizing solution gets used up the more its used and no two things will come out identical... if parked in batches then the second batch might not quite match the first.... maybe it took them a while to start parking matching frames and slides together to get them to look alike.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom