• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Anyone interested in pics of the new XT-22? I've got about 500 rounds through it now and can only say that it puts the other 1911/22 platforms to shame.. REAL 1911 frame, all steel tack driving machine.. the backstop at ITP will never be the same.
    XT22A.jpg

XT22all.jpg

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Just got mine today, took it to the range and it's my favorite range pistol. I like it much better than the Ruger MKII that I still hold in the highest regard.

The Rock Island XT22 may be the best value I've ever received in the purchase of a pistol. It even fit perfectly in my SuperTuck and in my hands is much more accurate that the Ruger.

Winning.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Curious

Just curious - how much did this run you aroundabout?

Good looking pistol - i'm in the market for a 1911 and definately want the option to do .22 LR from it, but I've heard the conversion kits from Kimber are spotty at best. This might be a good option.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I purchased mine from Davidson online and had it shipped to Four Guns in Lafayette. Their price was $477+tax.

I had to think long and hard before spending 500 bucks on an unknown pistol, but I've been really impressed by the Rock Island products in general. I feel like they are the best bang for your buck in the 1911 world.

I'd decided to get the Kimber 22 conversion, but then got cold feet. The biggest thing for me was that I didn't want to stick the conversion on my Colt and possibly create odd wear surfaces.

So, I checked out the GSG, but did not like the alloy construction.

The RIA XT22 is an all steel pistol that will most likely provide a lifetime of service. The thing that sealed the deal is that I went to WalMart and 45 ammo jumped, AGAIN, and is now $41 for a box of WWB/ 100 ct.

I know people are emotional about new guns, but this one has won me over and is my favorite shooting pistol. It's scary accurate.

I love this pistol.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very interesting design. I bet the fixed bbl adds a bit to the accuracy. I like the looks of the gun and while keep my eyes peeled to inspect one soon. Nice oics and thanx for posting. :yesway:

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    If there's some sort of informal shoot coming up, I'd be happy to bring along my pistol if you're interested in putting some rounds down range.

just a thought.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Visited the range today with my Rock and sent some rounds down range. The trigger is very nice on this pistol and the fixed iron sights are dead on accurate. Good times.

Target @ the 7 yard line
    1zou3iu.jpg

I sent about 300 rounds down range, practicing breathing, sight alignment, trigger control and mechanical safety training.
    x0wabr.jpg

I sent about 500 rounds total down range today. My first target included rapid fire, double taps and presentation from holster to first shot. Overall, a very good day of training for a 20 dollar box of ammo.
    15qrbkj.jpg

Last edited:

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    good shooting! i was thinking of buying a 1911 chambered in .22 but I can't pass up the deal my LGS is giving me for my trade on an Armscor for a SR1911. maybe in the near future...

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I learned something about my pistol today at the range,

The spring retaining plug is threaded and will unscrew itself, while launching your spring and plug 20 yards down range.

Blue loctite it is....

Just a heads up out there. :)

Top Bottom