• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Meanwhile, we're still waiting to hear what's going to happen to the jackwagon pill-popping Jim Irsay. The NBA bans a guy for like after amounted to sometihng like a 72 hour investigation, but the NFL hasn't done anything to Irsay after months. Par for the course.

Well, basketball does suck... and football is awesome! That might be part of it. :dunno:

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    In today's climate, anyone who suggests they took a drug, ANY DRUG, and didn't consider the league ramifications, is being dishonest.

Mathis cheated and was caught. It's really just that simple. The rest is just a cover story.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In today's climate, anyone who suggests they took a drug, ANY DRUG, and didn't consider the league ramifications, is being dishonest.

Mathis cheated and was caught. It's really just that simple. The rest is just a cover story.

Story I saw said he DID check w/ the doc that administered the drug. The doc said it would be fine. The doc was the wrong one. That, and it was at the end of the season. That, and he did get his wife pregnant.

Do these facts point to "cheating", or a misunderstanding?

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Story I saw said he DID check w/ the doc that administered the drug. The doc said it would be fine. The doc was the wrong one. That, and it was at the end of the season. That, and he did get his wife pregnant.

They point to cheating. Don't be led by the media ring in your nose. Mathis had been around long-enough to know what would happen. Try to get this thought in front of the media nonsense: he knew, he purposely cheated, and he was caught. The NFL rules couldn't be more easy to understand.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side

Did he check with the team doc? The NFL itself? Nope. In the scheme of infertility, how long would a phone call or email to check on the substance in question delayed things?

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    Clomid is a smoking gun....you take it between 'roid cycles so you don't rage and grow man boobs. its the same drug manny ramirez tested positive for and was suspended.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Some questions point to the answers. Why did Mathis take this during the off season? Why didn't Mathis check with the NFL or union before taking the drug? Why did Mathis quit taking the drug after his wife got pregnant? I think he and his wife wanted to have a baby so badly that this overrode his sense of reason. He may have just decided that he wouldn't check any further than his doctor's opinion. He took his chances and is paying the consequences of his rash actions. He isn't whining about it and has made an apology. I think he should be fined by the team, as well as, his suspension because the team has paid him for his talent and they will be denied this during the first four games of the regular season, due to his mistake. I still think that Mathis is a stand-up guy.

Top Bottom