• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Funny thing is he never said why he hates 1911...he must worship at the feet of the glock god

He keeps saying they are old (mine was made in 2009) and they are complicated (I can take off every single part completely stripping it in 2 minutes) and that they jam and fail more often. My experience has been the opposite, I have seen all kinds of Glock failures at the range and non from my 1911 since I figured out that Officer frames don't like full size magazines without either an extended base pad or at least an extended ejector.

I broke my ejector off shoving in 8 round magazines too hard. Put new base pads on and haven't had a single problem since.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    He keeps saying they are old (mine was made in 2009) and they are complicated (I can take off every single part completely stripping it in 2 minutes) and that they jam and fail more often. My experience has been the opposite, I have seen all kinds of Glock failures at the range and non from my 1911 since I figured out that Officer frames don't like full size magazines without either an extended base pad or at least an extended ejector.

I broke my ejector off shoving in 8 round magazines too hard. Put new base pads on and haven't had a single problem since.

My government 1911 eats rounds like it's candy...2 or 3 FTF since I bought it, but new springs should correct that.

(I bought my gun used)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

So far this year, I've seen more Glocks have FTF/FTE's than 1911's at the range. :twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, I'm off-board for a few days and this thread goes past 300 posts!

Anyone here who didn't know the names 'James Yeager' or 'Rob Pincus' before watching these videos?

Just curious. :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Anyone here who didn't know the names 'James Yeager' or 'Rob Pincus' before watching these videos?

As often as the name is reiterated, I highly doubt anybody didn't know the name prior

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    1911's don't work for all the many years they have been in service, yet we won many wars...interesting...

Yeah, luckily the german weapons of WWI and WWII sucked worse than ours.

Little known fact, Alvin York earned the medal of honor after repeatedly throwing 1911s at charging german soldiers. There were multiple jammed 1911's on the battlefield after they had been discarded in disgust. He was able to pick them up and hurl them at the enemy with enough force to kill them. The germans were throwing their glocks back at him, but the polymer frames lacked the rigidity required to fully transfer their energy and put York down. There's something to be said for an all steel pistol.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN

Me. Never heard of Yeager. Pincus I've heard on Armed American Radio. I knew he wasn't supportive of OC. But this video is BS.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    He keeps saying they are old (mine was made in 2009) and they are complicated (I can take off every single part completely stripping it in 2 minutes) and that they jam and fail more often.

I'm thinking that this guy doesn't know how to properly operate a 1911.

My experience has been the opposite, I have seen all kinds of Glock failures at the range and non from my 1911 since I figured out that Officer frames don't like full size magazines without either an extended base pad or at least an extended ejector. I broke my ejector off shoving in 8 round magazines too hard. Put new base pads on and haven't had a single problem since.

Eh. I've never had a ftf/fte with any of my Glocks, and only a half dozen or so 1911 failures due to simple things like a worn mag spring and such. A better PM schedule would have avoided such incidents.

My point in my response, is that user error is more often the cause of failure, than that of strictly mechanical reasons. Such is the case with not only firearms, but of automobiles, aircraft, laptop computers, mechanical pencils, etc.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Not sure how many people noticed the comment about the time and place to open carry in the video. Pincus and Yeager were talking about urban carry. I happen to agree with them in concealing in a urban environment. But that is my personal preference and if someone else wants to OC in the city, more power to them. I just choose not to do so.

As for being out in the woods during hunting season, I will open carry. That is the only time that I do so. But again, my choices and my preferences.

I absolutely agree that those that need training should get it. Those that are making a spectacle of themselves for the sake of boosting their ratings on youtube and taunting the authorities are as*clowns.

Just my two :twocents: so take it for what it is worth. Either way you carry your firearm, practice and train accordingly.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My point in my response, is that user error is more often the cause of failure, than that of strictly mechanical reasons. Such is the case with not only firearms, but of automobiles, aircraft, laptop computers, mechanical pencils, etc.
    INDEED :yesway:

Top Bottom