• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    It takes a lot to get me upset on the road. I usually cruise around from the speedlimit to 5 over. Today I was doing 10 over down a road probably about 2 miles long. This road isnt in the country but has vacant fields down most of it, and is notorious for speeders. This, will call her woman (not what I called her at the time) is riding my bumper. Now im already speeding at 40 so tailgating is pretty ridiculous. So I do what I always do when im getting tailgated, i coast down to the speed limit and we have a nice slow relaxing sunday drive down the road. When we reach the end of the road I turn right and get up to speed rather quickly she follows but tries to pass me in the left lane (now a 4 lane high way, but it quickly turns back to 2 and the cars in the middle lane have to get over into the right lane). This is where she just starts merging. Im able to look at her rear passenger windows when she starts coming over. I slam on the brakes, and proceed to try and wear out my horn. She waves at me, and i returned the one finger salute to which she returned (keeping up relations). Im honestly surprised she didnt run into the back of the car at the stop sign.

So anyway i was thinking, what if i hadn't of slammed my brakes and she merged right into me. Who would be at fault?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IANAL.
    But I think if you hit the rear of the car, then you're fault.
    If she hits your side, then her fault.
    A woman clipped my car merging. She kept saying, "Look what you did."
    I merely informed her that I was in my lane. Therefore she hit me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw a car pass twice against a double yellow yesterday morning about 1/4 mile from the school zone. I tried to see where they went but lost them. Same day after work had a car scream up the shoulder for the turn lane access. I was going to turn right but was waiting the 4 car lengths for the lane to begin. Scared the crap out of me.

Cars are just an extension of the gimmie free, gimmie now crowd

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    This is why I have a (cheap) dash cam.

People do this crap to me all the time when I am in my car, my friend says it's because they know I don't want to wreck the BMW. In my truck though, people back off quickly.

I do the same thing though, if you want to ride my bumper we go the speed limit, otherwise I will go 5 or so over.

That is all I will say about this subject.

I have a friend that use to follow people. Not sure it is the greatest idea even 10-15 years ago...

Last edited:

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I've been passed by a scooter zooming around me in the turn lane (30mph zone, I was going 35). Been passed on double yellows all day long. Stopped to back into a drive way and had cars pass me while backing up.

Drive a truck all day long around town and you'll see all kinds of crap like this.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Even if it ended up being totally her fault, your car and possibly yourself, would still be damaged. Just sayin.

Avoiding an accident when possible is always the right thing to do regardless of who may be causing it. :twocents:

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    I agree that many self-entitled, gimme now people are likely part of the driving problems out there. People have a false sense of security and power behind the wheel. I also hold a theory that part of the problem with road rage in our country is due to the chronic poor sleep hygiene we have as a whole. Electronics and distractions keep us up too late, we are often tired and impatient and rely too much on caffeine. I believe this chronic tiredness and impatience contributes to road rage.

It may be her fault if she slams into you from the side but too much hassle to go through if you can prevent it. I endorse the slow down to the speed limit and try to ignore them strategy.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I was tail-gated mere inches from my bumper up Lafayette/Indianapolis Rd. at 7am the other morning by some lady in a minivan rushing to get to the church. :rolleyes: The one time I needed Whitestown to be camped out in one of their spots, and they were no where to be found.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Even if it ended up being totally her fault, your car and possibly yourself, would still be damaged. Just sayin.

Avoiding an accident when possible is always the right thing to do regardless of who may be causing it. :twocents:

Yes I know, its just extremely irritating :tantrum: The thought of pitting them always comes into mind shortly.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Let off the accelerator. Drive 20mph and make them pass you.

Did it on HWY 32 several weeks ago. Several miles later idiot in a Mustang has ISP pulling him over. LOL at him! :yesway:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If she merges into you then she's at fault. It's as simple as that. You were in your lane, she has to yield to you. Since I have to drive I-69 daily I've seen and been in probably hundreds of these situations where some jackwagon tries to cut as many people off as possible just like the way you described. I've come within inches of being hit but every time the offender backs down and just makes a scene.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get this all the time in my service van. Texting/make up/texting and more make up. Was on wally parks the other day at the 4 way on the south east corner of raceway park. I know the names have changed but it is raceway park to me.
    There was a black jeep cherokee sitting at the stop sing east bound. She was fumbling around with something in her lap as I rolled up north bound on WP. I sat there and she continue to be pre-occupied with what ever was more important than driving so I went. As I pulled into the intersection she looked up....flipped me off and layed on the horn. OK, now I am convinced you are an idiot having a terrible morning. I rolled up to 5 over the limit and she planted her jeep as near my bumper as possible. Traffic allowed her to pass near the end of the fence for RWP and she signaled her displeasure for me and I returned the gesture. What a nut job. I pulled into Hoosier tire as my project there was calling my name. She must have seen me pull in and when I came out of the office to start work there she sat. Total idiot. I let her rant for a minute and the property manager finally came out and told her the sheriff was being called. She *****ed him out for a moment and left.
    People are truly out of their freaking minds. It is getting worse.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Like Churchmouse, I also worked for a Commercial Refrigeration Company. On the road always are the idiots going nowhere faster than you. The smaller cars and crotch rocket M/Cs are begging to be either a hood ornament or custom rear hitch and the hand gestures are trouble starters for sure.

I nicknamed all so when Wifey and I are driving on Sundays, she knows who is: 3 Lane Change Knucklehead, Slow Old Man/Woman(39 mph in a 55 zone), Kamikaze Joe, Nitwit Soccer Mom w/ Death Wish, etc.
    Anybody else have a list(no expletives)? We like to hear the new ones, maybe add a couple of ones together.
    I often just shake my head at the lunatics, they think driving a 3-4 ton weapon of destruction is a game like an arcade. Scares the most skilled, and trained drivers.

bluestanger66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I completely understand where your coming from. Sometimes I just wish I had a piece of crap car to drive, then I wouldnt be so upset if I did a little bump drafting!!

Top Bottom