• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You clearly don't know much of anything about Gary Johnson.
    I know a lot about politicians and I know Political strategy better than many ( I will not say most because that is immesurable)

I trust a politician to be a politician not a saviour. They all have agendas no matter who they are.

Gary Johnson is unwinnable, that doesn't mean I believe you are throwing away your vote if you do vote for him. If that is where your principles lay then put your vote that way. It is never a waste to do what you believe is right to do.

I do not expect Mitt Romney to be the libertarian or conservative they are trying to make him out to be and while I like Paul Ryan I think he was the wrong choice for VP.

If the Republicans were serious about capturing the White House they would have chosen Marco Rubio. Not that he is any better or worse than Paul Ryan but clearly the GOP still does not get the importnace of the Hispanic vote, the emotions running behind immigration and the ability for this to win the White House.

I am now more interested in congress and who is going to win the senate. I believe Obama will recapture the White House if I am wrong on this I am wrong.

If there is enough Tea party winners and the Senate can be won by Tea Party Senators and enough Tea Party Congressmen get in they may be able to change things from the legilsative rather than the executive. (I think this also means Bohner must also be removed as speaker) May is a big word here. I am not a big believer that the current administration is interested in the opinions of the Legisltative or Judicial branches.

In either case many have said a country gets the leadership they chose. Nothing nor any person could get the type of authority any leader has unless the people allow it.

So vote the way you think you should. We will all live by the choices we make.

I think 2016 is looking far more interesting though.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Anyone who thinks the GOP is suddenly going to come in and actually FIX things hasn't been paying attention for the last 30 years.

I have. And I finally realized how duped I was, and many yet remain.

Who here wants more TSA, more Patriot Act, more NDAA, and more debt?

Spin it how you want, that's the GOP. No matter what they say to get your vote, that's the history they bring to the table.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a dozen times and I'm a ****ing moron who deserves everything he gets. Well, I won't be fooled again. If that means Obama wins, then I guess that's the price of fooling me so many times.

^This is exactly how I feel^

If the election was decided by the popular vote then all the folks clamoring "a vote for Paul/Johnston place your name here" is nothing but a vote for Obama could be considered somewhat correct.

Our Presidential Election isn't decided by the popular vote but rather by indirect vote and the Electoral College. For the statement to even come close to being true the third party candidate would have to pull a vast amount of the vote and even then it couldn't be proved positive either that it helped or hurt the winning/losing candidates.

If Romney doesn't win the election very little, if any, blame can be lain at the feet of the folks who voted a third party candidate. The whole "you better vote for X because if you don't it's a vote for Y" is nothing but a load of BS that both parties propagate to keep the minions in line. So vote your heart and feel good about who you voted for and let the chips fall where they may.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nothing false about my "dichotomy" at all.:rolleyes: Ron Paul LOST because not enough voters agreed with his message.... PERIOD end of discussion. He may have the right message, but he is the wrong messenger.

Popular vote always has been & always will be a really bad idea. Pure democracy is destined to fail. We have more than half the citizenry dependent upon the government, whether by direct welfare or indirect welfare (i.e. government employment).

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Nobody knows who to attribute that quote to, but I really think it sums up a lot of truth of one side of the coin (we'll call 'em "Democrats").

On the other side of the coin (we'll call 'em "Republicans"), we have people who want to control their fellow citizens' lives & don't mind the collateral murder of innocents on other continents, as long as they don't catch Teh Gay™ or get their faces eaten by unproductive layabouts who are high on weed.

Which one should libertarians side with again?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wasn't here to experience the '08 meltdown, was it, or the one you feel coming be worse than the Paul/Johnson melt down we are going thru now?:D

No Paul or Johnson supporter could hold a candle to the 08 meltdown. Just wait til Romney loses and you'll get to see it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Huh?:n00b: You lost me with your response.

With around half of the population sucking on the government teat how can anyone can seriously believe we would come out of the other side with something better? You CAN'T be serious.

I'm not serious, but the ABO crowd is.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    No Paul or Johnson supporter could hold a candle to the 08 meltdown. Just wait til Romney loses and you'll get to see it.

No just the usual whining and snarky comments, from the Paul / Johnson team. It's easy to have a perfect candidate who can never do wrong since they never hit the field. Kind of like that gorgeous big boobed chick in high school I never got to go out with, she's still perfect to me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No just the usual whining and snarky comments, from the Paul / Johnson team. It's easy to have a perfect candidate who can never do wrong since they never hit the field. Kind of like that gorgeous big boobed chick in high school I never got to go out with, she's still perfect to me.

Well, if Obama wins, we can expect 4 more years of repubs whining because Obama can't even poop right. If Romney wins, we can expect 4 years of silence on Romney's over reaches.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Honestly, the way I see it in that our nation is heading towards an economic collapse that I may as well rip the bandade off by voting for Obama rather than prolong the pain and pass that along to my kids. I could reason to vote for Obama knowing full well that he'll destroy everything this country was built on because it's coming regardless of who's in that office and the sooner we get it over with the sooner my children can start to build a life for themselves with liberty and justice for all.

This country was built on the complete opposite of that sort of defeatism. Why on earth would you think that's the cure for what ails us?? That just boggles my mind.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Because once again, the Tories are in control.
    I find it hilarious that we are hearing exactly the same arguments that were made here on INGO in 2008 when it was Obama vs McCain. All the votes were McCain's and anyone who voted for anyone else was voting for Obama. At least the faithful believe in recycling. Guess we'll hear the same arguments again in '16.

Top Bottom