• ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Citizens's United vs. FEC

I can see where that comes from, but still the situation is very different. In Citizens' United, the group was not the media and wanted the right to pay the media to for advertisement for their film. In the current case, NBC and CNN are the media and they are paying for the pro-Hillary show. The issue isn't whether pro- or anti-candidate content is created, but whether the media should be taking sides and creating/showing such propaganda. The Republicans are right to withdraw their cooperation with these companies.

Seems like politicians are being entirely consistent for a change. They aren't saying that regulations/laws are preventing NBC and CNN from producing this film, only that they retain the right to not associate with them.

Last edited:

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    I can see where that comes from, but still the situation is very different. In Citizens' United, the group was not the media and wanted the right to pay the media to for advertisement for their film. In the current case, NBC and CNN are the media and they are paying for the pro-Hillary show. The issue isn't whether pro- or anti-candidate content is created, but whether the media should be taking sides and creating/showing such propaganda. The Republicans are right to withdraw their cooperation with these companies.

Seems like politicians are being entirely consistent for a change. They aren't saying that regulations/laws are preventing NBC and CNN from producing this film, only that they retain the right to not associate with them.

It's a good thing that I am not saying they are equivalent. I was pointing out it is somewhat ironic. If push comes to shove, you know that NBC and CNN would use Citizens United to defend their right to do this project.

Oh, I think the RNC was looking for an excuse to dropping CNN and NBC because Priebus said Fox would not be included if they were involved in the project. What better way for the establishment Republicans to give softball questions to their favorite than to have Fox hosting the debates. That is something I do see happening.

Top Bottom