• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had an RMR on a G19 for awhile and have been practicing with it to get confident enough to eventually carry it. This is an RM06 on a custom milled slide. I had no problems for awhile, but during my last range outing I experienced RMR flicker. During recoil I would see bright flashes and sometimes the dot would go out and then come back usually during the next shot. After searching I've found various alleged remedies such as the Battlewerx sealing plate with the hump under the battery, the Suarez Shoe-Goo fix, and various other fixes. I thought I would ask INGO and see if anyone has experienced the flicker and what, if any, remedy took care of it. Thanks for any input.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The RTV silicone/shoe-goo trick under the sealing plate/battery solved it for me. As soon as I experienced flicker, I added a small dab of silicone under the sealing plate and below the battery, then retorqued the screws. It hasn’t flickered since.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I have a Type 1 RM06 and had that very same issue. Had it on a carbine and its now on my G41. I simply took a dental pick and moved the battery contact slightly inward and added a piece of 1/4" electrical tape between the battery and mounting surface.

No problems after another 350 rounds of 556 and ~650 rounds of 45 acp.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Same RMR with the Battlewerx. I had the same issues and the sealing plate fixed the issue. I actually have an extra one that's been sitting in a box...send me a PM with your address and I'll drop it off in the mail, on me.

Top Bottom