• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherokeewoody

Plinker
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    May 28, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I spent many a meals around the table with my family watching Andy Griffith. He will be missed. I still love No Time for Sergents. I think I will get out my Andy Griffith LP and listen to his comedy. Its my favorite.

RIP Andy

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Andy's politics and beliefs be damned.

When I get home tonight, I'm having an Andy Griffith Show marathon tonight. I'm even going to place an order for some Matlock DVD's.

A great man/actor has been lost. And the day I have kids and grand kids, they will all grow up watching The Andy Griffith Show, just like I did.
    ^^^^This^^^^
    Andy Griffith was like a family member to a LOT of people. I really don't care what his politics was. Just as there are some extremely conservative people that I can't stand, there are some libs that I actually like. Andy was one of them.

I grew up watching him on TV, and even though I've seen every episode of the Andy Griffith show probably 500 times, it still makes me laugh, and takes me back to when I was a kid. I'm not selling that down the river because I didn't agree with everything the guy ever did.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He always did shows that I can watch with my family. He left a lot of positive examples through his acting. It's times like this when we all have the opportunity to examine what we will leave behind.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    He always did shows that I can watch with my family. He left a lot of positive examples through his acting. It's times like this when we all have the opportunity to examine what we will leave behind.

He was definitely a true to God man. I think his show and the values/lessons that came from his shows are timeless. And absolutely better family shows that are in production today. To think 50 years later we still learn from Andy and Mayberry.

RIP Andy

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Farewell Andy!

andy.jpg

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I was a bigger fan of Matlock than the Andy Griffith Show. Just think of how many shows came out that follow a similar format as Matlock.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Andy brought me a lot of laughs and taught me a lot of lessons growing up in the 60s. He will be missed.

While Andy was a Liberal in real life the lessons he taught millions of us growing up were of Conservative values. His shows always showed the good in people and that doing the right thing is not always easy but the right thing to do. Look at some of John Wayne's beliefs and values. :twocents:

I've only seen random re-runs of his shows (my parents were in diapers in the 60's), but from what I've seen from his shows, the above quotes are exactly what I think about when thinking of Andy.

I know I shouldn't be, but I am shocked at some of the hatred I'm seeing in this thread. A great man has died...Who gives a **** about a few of his political beliefs? We would be lucky to have a guy like that as a role model for "our" kids nowadays.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    As a side note George "Goober" Linsey, just recently died too... RIP Andy and Goober!! My 10 year old son loves the Andy Griffith show.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The Andy Griffith and Matlock shows were on our TV a lot when I was growing up, sad to see him go. Last time I saw him was in Brad Paisley's "Waiting on a woman" music video. :patriot:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom