• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Today. 4 hours in the chair with only locals for pain. Mouth full of stitches and no teeth.

1H9ax6o.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll say, you haven't steered me wrong. With that said, I've ignored many things you've said, and I have a feeling you wouldn't enjoy about half of the current toys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Turbo has put me on the right paths to follow.

I am mulling over a $250 drop in trigger for the PRP.
    Mouse (Toothless....I love it) has a problem involving when enough is actually enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Turbo is a huge trigger snob. Or I'm just really cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There were some really serious trigger snobs on the forum for a long time and I am one of them.
    I do not need to shoot a 1911 or a CZ before I dump the guts and go for the bleachers. I already know what to expect.
    Turbo has set me straight in the world of rimfires but old habits tend to stay close.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. I tend to shoot new guns a few times before I start upgrading.

Thats is firearm dependent for me.

Like I know that the Ruger Mk series have crappy factory triggers, so I’m comfortable having the kit arrive before any real time is spent with the pistol. I have several that I never shot before hitting them.

But a new platform that I’m still learning with, those I’ll wait before doing anything major typically.

Though I can’t fault CM for ordering the new barrel on the RPR. For too many people, the factory one was proven to be far less accurate than it should be for something with “precision” in its name.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Though I can’t fault CM for ordering the new barrel on the RPR. For too many people, the factory one was proven to be far less accurate than it should be for something with “precision” in its name.

I've read about people getting 1/4 inch groups at 50 yards with the RPR and factory barrel, with CCI or Aguila SV ammo, but it seems that it isn't consistent and others are having trouble doing anything similar with the factory barrel. Cause I'm cheap I would test the factory barrel and then order a GM barrel if needed, but that's just Mr. Tightwad speaking... :):

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've read about people getting 1/4 inch groups at 50 yards with the RPR and factory barrel, with CCI or Aguila SV ammo, but it seems that it isn't consistent and others are having trouble doing anything similar with the factory barrel. Cause I'm cheap I would test the factory barrel and then order a GM barrel if needed, but that's just Mr. Tightwad speaking... :):

Sadly, something with the name precision shouldn’t have to be a luck of the draw. But it’s a Ruger 22 rifles, so sadly they didn’t try a whole lot harder than they do with most of their 22 rifles. Some models it’s like they try to make it as good as they can, and others they get to 80% and “good enough”. The lack of consistency a bit frustrating.

I’ve seen more positive experiences with your RART than the RPR out of the box. Not to say the RPR is all bad, but it just isn’t consistent with what it’s name implies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sadly, something with the name precision shouldn’t have to be a luck of the draw. But it’s a Ruger 22 rifles, so sadly they didn’t try a whole lot harder than they do with most of their 22 rifles. Some models it’s like they try to make it as good as they can, and others they get to 80% and “good enough”. The lack of consistency a bit frustrating.

I’ve seen more positive experiences with your RART than the RPR out of the box. Not to say the RPR is all bad, but it just isn’t consistent with what it’s name implies.

I know that when I dialed in the RART at 25 yards, I was very happy with the results. I really need to save up to get better glass for it. Would love to see if a 6x24 would allow me to reach out to 100 yards well enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My RPR in 6.5 was a serious shooter.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The 10/22 sporter had a lot of forend pressure. I removed about 75% of that and shot it...........made it worse LOL.
    It now is free floated.
    Barely.
    Now I have some action rock, so will tape up and test this weekend.
    It is a beater, but a cool one and it feels fantastic.

The dilemma continues............

The 10/22 sporter feels the best and shoots the worst.
    The CZ455 is OK, feel and shooting. Expected a bit more on that last bit.
    The 10/22 GM/Titan shoots fine, but is a bit heavy and the grip me no likey.

As little as I shoot it's tempting to just throw the Leupold Freedom EFR 3-9X on the GM/Titan and dump the others.

But in a .22 rf..............I dunno, feel is super important.

For those that like, love or even hate a 10/22..............you need to handle a '66-'71 sporter.
    Told a guy about it and he was "You're FOS".

Then he handled one and was like, "hey that does feel pretty good".

Right off the bat.

Yeah, carry it, shoot one, handle it for a day or so afield.
    It IMHO is THE 10/22 stock to have (at least in dimension/style).

Shame there's no synth version.

It's a beat up 250 dollar rifle that pulls on me...............it is ridiculous.
    It might even be a sickness ;)

Definitely maddening.

Top Bottom