• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So it sounds like there are 14 states that we should be concentrating on. It would be helpful if you could post a list of those 14 here (if it's not too much trouble).

Regards,

My pleasure.
    Code:
    AL, [COLOR=lime]AK[/COLOR], AZ, AR, [COLOR=magenta]CA[/COLOR], CO, [COLOR=magenta]CT[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]DE[/COLOR], FL, GA, 
    [COLOR=magenta]HI[/COLOR], ID, [COLOR=red]IL[/COLOR], IN, [COLOR=magenta]IA[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]KS[/COLOR], KY, LA, [COLOR=magenta]ME[/COLOR], [COLOR=magenta]MD[/COLOR], 
    [COLOR=magenta]MA[/COLOR], MI, [COLOR=yellow]MN[/COLOR], MS, MO, MT, [COLOR=magenta]NE[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]NV[/COLOR], NH, [COLOR=magenta]NJ[/COLOR], 
    [COLOR=yellow]NM[/COLOR], [COLOR=magenta]NY[/COLOR], NC, ND, [COLOR=yellow]OH[/COLOR], OK, [COLOR=magenta]OR[/COLOR], PA, [COLOR=magenta]RI[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]SC[/COLOR], 
    SD, TN, TX, UT, [COLOR=lime]VT[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]VA[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]WA[/COLOR], [COLOR=yellow]WV[/COLOR], [COLOR=red]WI[/COLOR], WY

[COLOR=red]Right denied: 2[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=magenta]Right severely restricted: 12[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=yellow]Right restricted: 10[/COLOR]
    Right mildly restricted: 24
    [COLOR=lime]Right minimally restricted: 2[/COLOR]
    IL and WI do not permit any but LEOs and politicians to carry, with minimal exceptions
    CA, CT, HI, IA, ME, MD, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, and RI issue to (some of) their own residents but recognize no out of state gun papers.
    DE, KS, MN, NV, NM, OH, SC, VA, WA, and WV recognize some out of state gun papers, but not ours. KS, SC, and WV recognize only gun papers for residents of the issuing state.
    AL, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, and WY will recognize IN LTCs. Most of these recognize many gun papers. Of note, as in the above category, CO, FL, MI, and NH recognize only gun papers for residents of the issuing state.
    AK and VT recognize the Right to Carry without "permits", but still have some Criminal Protection Zones.

ETA: Note that my use of "gun papers" is meant to refer to CCWs, CFPs, LTCHs, and any other state-issued permission slip "allowing" you to exercise your fundamental and Constitutional RKBA.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    there are some states that do non-resident permits.florida and utah are two I know.Utah requires some training but you can get it here.They both give us a few more states.

Yep. UT gives you(as a resident holder of a IN LTC) seven more, FL gives five.

UT: DE, MN, NV, NM, OH, VA, WA
    FL: DE, NV, NM, OH, VA

FL costs $117 every seven years.
    UT costs $65.25 for the first one, $10.00 every five years thereafter

FL will accept your hunter training, military training, or any NRA class.
    UT mandates you must take their class. Some instructors charge $150 for that class. Neither currently mandates training for renewals. I would add that it's worthwhile to talk to the instructors; they're human beings and while doing the class is a money-earning proposition for them, the goal is to have people trained. Some are willing to exchange the cost of one person's class for the effort of getting the people, the location, and the coordination of both together. It's worth asking.

Blessings,
    B

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Is it a fact that no one has ever been tried for carrying "illegally" in a state that does not honour their permit?

I'm just wondering if there's even a point to bothering to get any out-of-state permits if they never prosecute anyway.

No, I haven't tested my theory yet.

But I seriously wonder. I like to ride my motorcycle on long trips. I can't put a locked gun in a trunk on my bike. And I bet I'd be prosecuted for recklessness if I left it in the bags on my bike. But their laws say I'm not allowed to carry it on my person either.

I wonder how that would fall out in court?

Top Bottom