• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No cool badge or pin. We don't go by points any more, just how many holes in the target. For pistol quals we sometimes have a "top gun" competition with the prize being part of a target with your name, date, and "Top Gun" written on it. I'll try to take a picture of mine to show you how high speed it is.

Does the top gun from the Academy still get the engraved Glock? Went to the graduation of a friend of my wife's who used to be a guard at the Womans Prison, she works there too, and the best shot was presented with a really cool looking Glock.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I always looked forward to qualification time. I remember one time the gunners m8 handed me my M16. He said it's shooting a little low. Well when firing commenced, I was in the moment. The only time I did not get a perfect score with the M16.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hey that was a good day of shooting. Lots of shooting from difficult positions and from under a car, my optics makes shooting from those odd positions/sngles much easier. LOVE the simunition stuff. Whenever I do that, I find myslef point-shooting my rifle/handgun at these close distances. It seems intuitive and I hit my targets without really knowing it, all without getting hit myslef. It is a confidence builder.

Yeah I had a great time. Probably the best inservice I've had yet. I don't have optics so I had to work to get my sights lined up. The sim training was about as close to the real thing as you could get.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't have optics so I had to work to get my sights lined up.

So, what kind of irons does IMPD put on their ARs?

I run the Troys, but I as I get *ahem* a little older, I need all the light I can get on the rear hole.

If you have not tried the new ACOG 44SG, do so. I really like it as it is compact, light and the green really jumps out at you, especially at night (where I would think an IMPD carbine would likely be deployed).

Trijicon, Inc. : Brilliant Aiming Solutions™

TA44SG-10_45-web.jpg

TA26SG-10_GreenCircleDot1.jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So, what kind of irons does IMPD put on their ARs?

I run the Troys, but I as I get *ahem* a little older, I need all the light I can get on the rear hole.

If you have not tried the new ACOG 44SG, do so. I really like it as it is compact, light and the green really jumps out at you, especially at night (where I would think an IMPD carbine would likely be deployed).

If you carry an issued rifle, they have A2 sights on them. The majority of the issued rifles are those procured from the military and have the fun switch removed. I was issued a Bushmaster flattop but it has the carry handle on it. I am allowed to put any brand of flip-up or fixed sights on it as long as they co-witness with optics. If you have a personally owned rifle and qualify with it, you can have any type of sight or optic on it, as long as the sights co-witness and the optic doesn't have any magnification.

I would love to try out that ACOG, but unfortunately I don't have the disposable income for one.

Top Bottom