• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Personally met Murdock at a campaign fund raising reception for him on Weds in Fort Wayne. This was the first time I had ever met him, great guy.
    What was interesting was there were a couple of Democrats that were willing to pay $100 each to attend this event, and even stated so during a question and answer period. They were supporting him. That is what I call bi-partisanship.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Personally met Murdock at a campaign fund raising reception for him on Weds in Fort Wayne. This was the first time I had ever met him, great guy.
    What was interesting was there were a couple of Democrats that were willing to pay $100 each to attend this event, and even stated so during a question and answer period. They were supporting him. That is what I call bi-partisanship.

Great to hear. Hopefully this is one thing that all Hoosiers can get behind. Dump Dick.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lugar: America Can't Afford Ron Paul's Foreign Policy...

... but apparently we can afford to send billions of dollars in foreign aid, and spend decades of endless wars chasing the boogeyman around the world.

Unsurprisingly, Lugar is another CFR member vehemently supports a globalist foreign policy. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8afHXs7adaU

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Senate's Most Anti-gun Republican Member Vulnerable in Primary
    Dick Lugar is without a doubt the most anti-gun Republican in the U.S. Senate.He voted in favor of President Obama’s two picks for the Supreme Court -- Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan – who deny the existence of an individual right to bear arms.

• Lugar voted against repealing the gun bans in national parks and in Washington D.C.
    • He voted in favor of waiting periods for handgun purchases and he supports banning many semi-automatic firearms.
    • And Lugar was the only Republican Senator to refuse to sign a letter opposing a massive UN small arms treaty.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I was in a FTF with Lugar around 1998 or so. Round table of grad students for a Q&A session. Very nice, polite, well spoken and very strange man. No matter what the question his talking points were the only answers. Reptilian was the term that sticks in my mind. Decided in that meeting I'd never vote for him again. Let's vote him out!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lugar's voting record

Here's a nice compilation of Lugar's voting record. More in the PDF.

LugarVotingRecord.pdf

• Lugar voted to create the Department of Energy
    • Lugar voted for Medicare Part D, the largest entitlement expansion since the Great Society… until ObamaCare
    • Lugar voted for SCHIP, a massive expansion of government health insurance
    • Lugar voted for the Wall Street Bailout (TARP)
    • Lugar voted to bailout Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
    • Lugar voted for the notorious 2008 stimulus bill
    • Lugar voted to bailout and nationalize auto manufactures
    • Lugar voted to impose price controls on debt cards
    • Lugar voted to mandate greenhouse gas emissions
    • Lugar repeatedly voted against cutting wasteful government spending
    • Lugar repeatedly voted for the expansion of government health care programs

images

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lugar voted for expanding Federal "Hate Crimes" Laws

Senate Votes to Expand Hate Crime Laws to Gays - Five Republicans join in 62-38 vote
    (Newser) – The Senate has voted to extend hate crime protections to include those attacked because of their gender or sexual orientation, mirroring a similar measure already passed in the House, the Hill reports. Five Republicans, including Olympia Snowe and Dick Lugar, joined all the Democrats present in supporting the bill. Other Republicans opposed the law; Jim DeMint called it “offensive,” saying, “Justice is blind—blind to the superficial circumstances of the victims and the defendants.”

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't voted for that POS since the early 1980's when my eyes began to open about his phony conservative act.
    Additionally, some things I learned about his personal life added to this.

Since then, not having been given a REAL choice, I just voted Libertarian, because the Democrat candidates were just as bad.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    I haven't voted for that POS since the early 1980's

I've got you beat...

I have NEVER voted for this POS....

I guess I'm a slow learner. :D

Voted for him in my first election at age 20 in 1976 and again in 1982 before I saw the light.
    Plus I found out about his "extra-curricular" activity with the other "team" when he was Mayor of Indy, and figured if he'd lie to his wife, he'd lie to me.

Here he is 80 years old this year and running AGAIN?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It doesn't get much more brazen than insulting people who are supposed to be part of your base at a party event. I am still not sure whether I feel more insulted at the insult (a straw man scenario he rattled off when I asked him what he was thinking when voting for the Clinton gun grab) or the fact he apparently thought I was too stupid to realize I was being insulted. Unfortunately, the event in question was hosted by a friend whom I did not want to embarrass, so I refrained from the response which would likely have followed under most any other circumstances.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I could comment here, but then why should I be the only voice of reason. Besides, I'm unarmed except for the weed wacker ( the one you swing, not the power tool). :scared:

Top Bottom