• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You tube has video about Oliver in his own words about his life. “Oliver Anthony speaks out after turning down $8 million music…” For those of you judging him and being critical go watch it and then be quiet like you should have been.
    Personally, I think he's kind of a ****ing idiot to turn down an $8 million dollar music deal. Think of the good he could do for his loved ones and the reach he could have with his message. But reading his life story, it doesn't seem like good decisions are really his thing. Better to just have another beer and wallow in his misery, I suppose. At least the YouTube money will probably cover a new tarp for his trailer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Personally, I think he's kind of a ****ing idiot to turn down an $8 million dollar music deal. Think of the good he could do for his loved ones and the reach he could have with his message. But reading his life story, it doesn't seem like good decisions are really his thing. Better to just have another beer and wallow in his misery, I suppose. At least the YouTube money will probably cover a new tarp for his trailer.
    Lets hope he is able to move forward using his stream revenue, and hopefully more as a way to move up without getting corrupted by fame and fortune, travelling doing concerts, and the like.

I dont blame him, personally. While it sounds great to think of winning the lottery like this, most people who win end up worse off in the end than before. Sounds like this gent may understand that pitfall. Heck, look at how many rich folk dont make it. Kurt Kobain, Jim Morrison, Michael Jackson, etc. I get the feeling Mr Lunsford may understand this.

I hope he is able to keep doing what he loves day today, while becoming more comfortable via YT monetization as a second "job". Hopefully this allows him to buy a proper house and be happy and live a comfortable life.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I think we can all agree we feel let down by our government in some way or another. The grown up life I expected as an ignorant kid is not what I've discovered now that I'm grown. As much as I'd love to see massive change in my lifetime, I probably won't, and I've got to get up and go to work every day so I don't have much time to help with meaningful change. As for myself, I appreciate any music written and sung from the heart. When a friend sent me this song I spent an hour or so listening to all Anthony's music. Some of it's good, some not so much, but you can tell it's all heartfelt and I appreciate that it isn't over produced. It sounds like sitting on a porch listening to your buddy play you a song he wrote.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This seems to presuppose that there are not strings for this money. Maybe he doesn’t want to sell his soul for the money and strings they want to put on him and his family…

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He is smart to keep the publishing rights to his music, if that's what he means by turning down $8M. There is no telling what that song would end up being used for. You don't want your song to end up pounding Bud Light beer commercials to death until people are sick of you. You want to incorporate your own publishing company and keep the rights to your music, and I'm sure a ton of people are telling him that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This seems to presuppose that there are not strings for this money. Maybe he doesn’t want to sell his soul for the money and strings they want to put on him and his family…
    Or maybe he's just a drunk that makes bad decisions. At least I have evidence for that possibility, from his own words.

Funny to see the conservative love for him. He's literally a high school dropout bitching about working and blaming other people for his problems.

Maybe these abused workers should join a union, or something.

:):

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Or maybe he's just a drunk that makes bad decisions. At least I have evidence for that possibility, from his own words.

Funny to see the conservative love for him. He's literally a high school dropout bitching about working and blaming other people for his problems.

Maybe these abused workers should join a union, or something.

:):
    Wow, hate much? He is making the right decision at this time. If he gets a country lawyer to show him how to file the papers to incorporate his own publishing company and keeps the rights to his music, he will have more money in a year than any five of us.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I would also bet he's fairly content in his current life and knows a dump truck of cash isn't where happiness comes from. Less is more. Some rapper once said "Mo Money Mo problems"
    That rapper is an idiot, then. I've counted pocket change at Aldi to make sure I didn't overspend on my week's groceries, and I've eaten at the best steakhouses without a care in the world how much it cost. Guess which one makes me happier.

But I absolutely do understand that if you are a loser before a truckload of cash, you're probably going to be a loser afterwards as well.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow, hate much? He is making the right decision at this time. If he gets a country lawyer to show him how to file the papers to incorporate his own publishing company and keeps the rights to his music, he will have more money in a year than any five of us.
    THIS.

This will likely score him more happiness in life than that 8mil contract ever could.

Top Bottom