• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Plus don't forget they are slow to reload. WOW [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw&feature=related[/ame]

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I watched the video this morning. Within a couple hours of watching it, I took my Sig 1911 ultra compact out of my purse and locked it in the safe. I put my SP101 357 magnum back in my purse for EDC. I had been thinking about doing this for a few days. After watching the video it was an easy decision. Besides if I ever had to shoot someone, I'd hate for them to confiscate my 1911. I love it too, just differently than my SP101. I've been carrying the SP101 all summer on the trail, might as well carry it everywhere.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For a less bulky way to carry revolver ammo, my favorite has been BIANCHI "speed strips". These are reuseable rubber strips sized to hold 6 cartriges in line. With practice you will be surprised at how fast you can reload a cylinder. Push two in, yank while letting the cylinder turn, push two in, yank, push two in and your done. Yes it is two more motions than changing the magazine on a 1911, but pretty fast and convienent. You can find Bianchi speed strips pretty easily. Good Luck

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For a less bulky way to carry revolver ammo, my favorite has been BIANCHI "speed strips". These are reuseable rubber strips sized to hold 6 cartriges in line. With practice you will be surprised at how fast you can reload a cylinder. Push two in, yank while letting the cylinder turn, push two in, yank, push two in and your done. Yes it is two more motions than changing the magazine on a 1911, but pretty fast and convienent. You can find Bianchi speed strips pretty easily. Good Luck

The best part of Bianchi Speed Strips??? They fit perfect in the watch pocket of a pair of Levi's.

When I am wearing "Cargo Style" britches (long or short) I carry a speedloader. With jeans it's the speed strip. One caveat...try not to worsh (wash to those north of Seymour) your jeans before taking out your speed strips. I have a small collection of "worshed" .38 specials that I keep seperate from my other ammo. It probably doesn't hurt but....Why take chances?:D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've seen quite a few fail.
    Parts breakage, things come loose, or even heaven forbid..............after being dropped (not mine, but other people's).

I figure as heavy duty as my SP101 357 is or my Taurus model 669 357 is, I'm counting on bludgeoning whoever with it if I run out of bullets & they are still moving. :)

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I really enjoyed that video, good satire. Makes me want to get my SP101 and my Model 66 and my Ruger "cowboy gun" .22 out and coonfinger them.
    But I'm not going to carry that SP101 anymore ... too heavy. I've been spoiled by all these plastic guns.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Copy:

I figure as heavy duty as my SP101 357 is or my Taurus model 669 357 is, I'm counting on bludgeoning whoever with it if I run out of bullets & they are still moving.

Evidently they're too heavy to be thrown ;)

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Im starting to like revolvers more now. I took my S&W10 along with my XD9 to the range yesterday. Was havin more fun with the Smith. Man that SA trigger is sweet.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Copy:

I figure as heavy duty as my SP101 357 is or my Taurus model 669 357 is, I'm counting on bludgeoning whoever with it if I run out of bullets & they are still moving.

Evidently they're too heavy to be thrown ;)

Heck no I'm not throwing my guns, the BG's might keep them. If I just bludgeon them with them I still maintain control of the weapon. :)

Regnar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Knox
    Well, after watching that video , I feel the need to send some lead down range via my Security Six!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep, bring out the S&W M10s ! Have had mine since 1985, besides cleaning, never missed a beat. Had at least 4 Colt 1911As, various 40s and 380s that would hardly finish firing a full mag without jamming. My 9mms seem to be a happy medium as most have also fired many mags without any issues.

The revolver was my first purchase. Started with a M36 2in, then M10 4in (tapered)BBL.Was issued a M66 4in during my LEO days, and still kept the M10 as my nightstand gun. Wife and two sons can also fire it with accuracy. Keep 2 speedloaders handy and good to go.

As soon as I could, I updated my snubbie to a M442. A winner for sure and hammerless, allowing pocket carry in cargo shorts. Hard to retire the revolvers, as they keep working, but do own a few bottom loaders that do work.

That's why I enjoy that small piece of my judgement to carry whatever I feel like and go target shooting as much as I can.

Top Bottom