• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Is there any type of safety mechanism or device at all on revolvers? If I'm carrying it on my hip, what keeps it from going off if the trigger gets snagged? I'm curious, because I'm debating between buying a revolver or a pistol for my first conceal carry gun, and I definitely want to be safe about it.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Is there any type of safety mechanism or device at all on revolvers? If I'm carrying it on my hip, what keeps it from going off if the trigger gets snagged? I'm curious, because I'm debating between buying a revolver or a pistol for my first conceal carry gun, and I definitely want to be safe about it.

a good holster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    not pulling the trigger is what 'keeps it from going off' ..
    Most modern revolvers that one would carry are double action, which means the trigger pull is very long and requires several pounds of force..
    It is very unlikely that you will snag a DA trigger and get it to fire..

though out history there have been a few revolvers made with a safety, but they are rare..

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    not pulling the trigger is what 'keeps it from going off' ..
    Most modern revolvers that one would carry are double action, which means the trigger pull is very long and requires several pounds of force..
    It is very unlikely that you will snag a DA trigger and get it to fire..

though out history there have been a few revolvers made with a safety, but they are rare..

Ok that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for the info. :yesway:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    good question and I think you got your answer. Next question , where do your spent cases go.

In your pocket if you don't want to get caught....:laugh:

Sorry, on a roll tonight. Not sure I understand your question. Just eject them to the ground or floor and reload most times.

You want to develop habits that will do you well in a defensive situation. If you are use to dumping them in your hand, you will do this under stress. So practice dumping them on the ground or floor.

Bigg Dogg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    NE IN
    I understand your point and humor. I like to keep my spent cases in the weapon and not scattered all over the ground. Makes my story mine.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yup. These are the reasons I carry revolvers. Extremely safe to carry. Comes in much more serious calibers. No FTF or FTE. And doesn't leave empty brass all over the scene. And yes I own three 1911s. But I carry only wheelguns.

Top Bottom